Buying a used Bucket truck,, Who to Buy from??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have bought from schmidy's duffer. The above post is pinpoint accurate.

Hey Luke at schmidy's: you really should have put the 427 (like it was supposed come with) in that truck...and put a different cage on it too. You could have at least told me someone dropped a tree on it. That karma thing is a ##### though aint it?? :)

So your saying to stay away then? I've been looking at a few of their trucks as well. They all look like ex-asplhund's. How well do Asplhund maintain there trucks? Your right they all look good from a far. Their garage and shop area look pretty clean and impresive. Anyone else here bought from them? Your right when you spend that much money you don't want to be making a 40-50k mistake. Look forward to hearing from some others. I checked out http://www.raymondbucketguys.com/default.htm they do some nice work and even have Oldirtys outfits new truck they recently did. I like the nifty lift sd64 they have, that's sort of what I'm more in the market for anyways. Hopefully 2010 is as good as 2009 was for me!:cheers:

I like the nifty lift sd64 they have, that's sort of what I'm more in the market for anyways. Hopefully 2010 is as good as 2009 was for me!:cheers:

I believe there was one on treetrader recently.

So your saying to stay away then? I've been looking at a few of their trucks as well. They all look like ex-asplhund's. How well do Asplhund maintain there trucks? Your right they all look good from a far. Their garage and shop area look pretty clean and impresive. Anyone else here bought from them? Your right when you spend that much money you don't want to be making a 40-50k mistake. Look forward to hearing from some others. I checked out http://www.raymondbucketguys.com/default.htm they do some nice work and even have Oldirtys outfits new truck they recently did. I like the nifty lift sd64 they have, that's sort of what I'm more in the market for anyways. Hopefully 2010 is as good as 2009 was for me!:cheers:

I'm saying (based on my exp. with them) all yer gonna get is an ex asplundh truck freshly whitewashed with some cheap paint they probably buy in 55 gallon drums and those cheezy simulator/hubcap things. The bare minimum was done to my truck - just enough to get er out the door. I couldnt figure out why I couldnt get the upper boom off the cradle, then I realized the hyd. lines were backwards. Sort of stressful. Then the thing ran so friggin rich it stalled out stood straight up (repeatedly) - thankfully I had my cell. Turns out it ran rich because it was supposed to have a 427 when it was built, so the little 366 was getting too much fuel dumped into it. they did send me another computer though. Its a dog, it needs the right motor.

Then there was the cage that had a tree dropped on it thats all flopping around that I have to supplimentally support with my arm on back roads till I can get enough money to fix it - which aint gonna be cheap.

I have to paint the rims too sinse you cant get to the locking hubs with the gay simulators on and they look pretty bad under that cheap :censored:ed tin.

I'll get it though $$$$

Karma baby! :laugh:

I'm saying (based on my exp. with them) all yer gonna get is an ex asplundh truck freshly whitewashed with some cheap paint they probably buy in 55 gallon drums and those cheezy simulator/hubcap things. The bare minimum was done to my truck - just enough to get er out the door. I couldnt figure out why I couldnt get the upper boom off the cradle, then I realized the hyd. lines were backwards. Sort of stressful. Then the thing ran so friggin rich it stalled out stood straight up (repeatedly) - thankfully I had my cell. Turns out it ran rich because it was supposed to have a 427 when it was built, so the little 366 was getting too much fuel dumped into it. they did send me another computer though. Its a dog, it needs the right motor.

Then there was the cage that had a tree dropped on it thats all flopping around that I have to supplimentally support with my arm on back roads till I can get enough money to fix it - which aint gonna be cheap.

I have to paint the rims too sinse you cant get to the locking hubs with the gay simulators on and they look pretty bad under that cheap :censored:ed tin.

I'll get it though $$$$

Karma baby! :laugh:
Wow! Thanks for the heads up!

Did you go see the truck and try it?? I not to sure i under stand. I have time to check out a few places but there truck does look good in the pictures, but be sure i would never buy a truck with out fully checking it out and going to see it, :greenchainsaw:

Did you go see the truck and try it?? I not to sure i under stand. I have time to check out a few places but there truck does look good in the pictures, but be sure i would never buy a truck with out fully checking it out and going to see it, :greenchainsaw:

No, I didnt go and check it out in person. That was a mistake, it was just not happening at the time, I was too busy. so I rolled the dice and got what I got... its still a good truck, its just the added $ that I have to put into it that sucks.

Best of luck with your purchase friend! :cheers:

No, I didnt go and check it out in person. That was a mistake, it was just not happening at the time, I was too busy. so I rolled the dice and got what I got... its still a good truck, its just the added $ that I have to put into it that sucks.

Best of luck with your purchase friend! :cheers:

Do you still have it and how's it been running? I forgot to ask what truck you got? Is the paint still okay? As well what make lift came with it altec, aerial of Ct? (sorry for all the questions just have to know)
Thanks, Devon:greenchainsaw:

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/1518216457.html

1998 gmc bucket truck with forestery package kubota pony motor was a asplund truck dump box, 60 ft working height bends over center 366 gas engine 5 spd trans, 66000 actual miles good tires no leaks truck is in very good cond, there is also a chipper avaiable for 4500.00 if you buy the truck and need it , call at 816-966-1088 the truck will not be for sale after jan1, thank you.

Do you still have it and how's it been running? I forgot to ask what truck you got? Is the paint still okay? As well what make lift came with it altec, aerial of Ct? (sorry for all the questions just have to know)
Thanks, Devon:greenchainsaw:

97 GMC C-7500, Marmon Harrington all wheel drive conversion, short wheel base, with an altec LRIII (60' WH) rear mounted. Dont know if you know what a "puddle jumper" is, but I've seen them referred to as that. Mine has been converted to all terrain style tires for highway use. Its got front and rear pto winches too. old aspy highline unit.

Yeah, I've still got it. it runs ok, but I want to get the bigger motor for it real bad -its sort of a dog :)censored:s some tree up once there though).

Some of the paint flew off at the base of the turret, other than that its staying on alright.

97 GMC C-7500, Marmon Harrington all wheel drive conversion, short wheel base, with an altec LRIII (60' WH) rear mounted. Dont know if you know what a "puddle jumper" is, but I've seen them referred to as that. Mine has been converted to all terrain style tires for highway use. Its got front and rear pto winches too. old aspy highline unit.

Yeah, I've still got it. it runs ok, but I want to get the bigger motor for it real bad -its sort of a dog :)censored:s some tree up once there though).

Some of the paint flew off at the base of the turret, other than that its staying on alright.

Cool thanks, glad it's still working for you! Have a good christmas!:cheers:

Hi Guys I am also looking for a used forestry unit there are afew at Specialized Hydralics in Wi. and bts in detroit does any have any experence or coments yhey have /had.

lawmart

forestry unit

call Shane at Lakeport equip.in colborne ontario,just bought one off of him,great guy to deal with.

I did call shane a few weeks back waiting to see what he will come up with, has anyone here bought from lake-port Equipment, there are located here in Ontario, about 3 to 4 hours away from me, They seam like straight shooters??:dizzy:

used

I talked to shane ion my way back from Canada Day in ottawa he had nothing at that time said he would phone if he had anything latter on , but u now how the story goes.

Lawmart

Wow! I have bucket truck overload myself,been looking for a couple weeks now.not even close to finding one.I am kinda centrally located,and there all over the place.Dont even know what direction to go.:bang: Guess I will sit back and regroup.Seen who not to buy from anyway.

Anyone have experience or heard anything about Gentry Brothers Trucks.In Tampa area.Thinking about taking a trip there long way for me though.Can,t find anything good or bad on web.

Back