Buying a used Bucket truck,, Who to Buy from??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out Southwest Equipment for a Professionally Reconditioned Bucket Truck...

Southwest Equipment in the Dallas - Ft. Worth area reconditions bucket trucks. They have been in business since 1995 and focus on bucket trucks. Free shipping and 2 year warranty comes on pretty much everything. Check out their inventory of bucket trucks...

Bucket_Trucks_6063_-_2006_International_60_Altec_Bucket_Truck_DF.JPG

I bought a bucket from schmidys

I would agree with an earlier post. All schmidys does is white wash truck. Owner was not honest with me on condition of truck but live and learn aye

So your saying not to get one from them? What was the biggest problem you had with yours?

I got one from them. They never told me the cage was smashed and needed to be replaced.. just for starters. Oh well, I can add that to my to do list.. actually my shoulder is sore from supporting it, so it wouldnt smash the cab too much, coming down this long ass bumpy goat path last saturday, as we speak! But yeah, suck it up and live and learn..

I got one from them. They never told me the cage was smashed and needed to be replaced.. just for starters. Oh well, I can add that to my to do list.. actually my shoulder is sore from supporting it, so it wouldnt smash the cab too much, coming down this long ass bumpy goat path last saturday, as we speak! But yeah, suck it up and live and learn..

Ok then, you gotta wonder sometimes!;)

I drove from Toronto down to BTS in Michigan (4+ hrs. each way) a couple of years ago to buy a 1 Ton GMC with an arborist box on it. It looked great in the pictures and the salesman would only rave about what a great truck it was.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The thing was a rusted piece of junk with a paint job. The lower section of the dump box had some sheetmetal covering rusted holes, the fenders looked good on the outside, but were a couple of weeks from falling off due to rust. None of this showed in the pictures he sent.

Glad I drove to look at it before buying. An 8+ hour lesson learned. Thankfully it only cost me time and some fuel.

Personally, I would not waste my time again with these guys. Burned once is enough.

I think a good dealer would show you the good as well as the blemishes (hey it is used) but than at least you know what your getting into before traveling so far.

I drove from Toronto down to BTS in Michigan (4+ hrs. each way) a couple of years ago to buy a 1 Ton GMC with an arborist box on it. It looked great in the pictures and the salesman would only rave about what a great truck it was.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The thing was a rusted piece of junk with a paint job. The lower section of the dump box had some sheetmetal covering rusted holes, the fenders looked good on the outside, but were a couple of weeks from falling off due to rust. None of this showed in the pictures he sent.

Glad I drove to look at it before buying. An 8+ hour lesson learned. Thankfully it only cost me time and some fuel.

Personally, I would not waste my time again with these guys. Burned once is enough.

I think a good dealer would show you the good as well as the blemishes (hey it is used) but than at least you know what your getting into before traveling so far.

Michigan, eh? Ever heard of Harv's Sales in MI? Likes to do just what you described - paint over the rust and dents and call it 'like new'. :censored:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wow yeah couldn't really tell by the pictures you posted!;)

Thought I posted on here, guess I didn't hit submit!
BUYER BEWARE!
Schmidtys Sucks, they are dishonest and misleading, put bandages on everything, just to get it off the lot. Will tell you anything to sell a truck. I have bought 2 from them, first time, I had no problems, didnt like the guys, as they acted as if they where something more than everybody else. But 1st truck was fine, the only reason I went back. Wish I never did. Call them for any type of help and they act as if you are trying to get over on them. I had actual bubble gum holding my heater switch on! White wash is an understatement! I have put several thousand back into my truck, now it is pretty solid. They claim work ready, yeah right!
Stay away, they will put the screws to ya.

Thought I posted on here, guess I didn't hit submit!
BUYER BEWARE!
Schmidtys Sucks, they are dishonest and misleading, put bandages on everything, just to get it off the lot. Will tell you anything to sell a truck. I have bought 2 from them, first time, I had no problems, didnt like the guys, as they acted as if they where something more than everybody else. But 1st truck was fine, the only reason I went back. Wish I never did. Call them for any type of help and they act as if you are trying to get over on them. I had actual bubble gum holding my heater switch on! White wash is an understatement! I have put several thousand back into my truck, now it is pretty solid. They claim work ready, yeah right!
Stay away, they will put the screws to ya.

Oops.. I tried to positive rep ya SG, but it looks like layed your rep to waste instead. Must be a glitch (I'm pretty sure I hit "I approve") in the new system.. lol. sorry.

Maybe you can get me back! Hahaha..

Latest posts

Back