Buying a used Bucket truck,, Who to Buy from??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heaed a of a Company in Florda called power line, Heard good things about them, Duffer

Duffer i sent you a pm about a bucket truck I have for sale and I honestly dont know if you replied or not as I cleaned my inbox out. If you didnt get the pm I have a bucket truck for sale that is just sitting in my shop not being used. I am selling because of a heart attack and no longer in business. Decent truck, decent price. If you have already replied sorry for the mistake on my part.

1999 F800 altec 60'm/h and 1995 IHC 57' Hi-Ranger for sale

If anyone is still looking for a good bucket truck, I just bought 2 as part of a package deal and only need one myself. I will sell either one as either would work fine for me.

1999 Ford F800 with 60' Altec AA755 material handler, 1500# capacity. Utility body, articulating single man bucket, cab protector, 5.9 cummins 6x2 spd. Pintle hitch. Air brakes and air pto.

1995 IHC 4900 with 57' Hi Ranger boom. Double end-hung basket articulates. Utility body, cab protector, DT466, 5x2 spd. Hyd brakes.

Both trucks have been well maintained and have been inspected annually. All service was completed according to manufacture specifications so all cables, hoses, etc are within the 3-5 year maintenance cycle. Paint and body condition as well as mechanical condition of both is very good. Either would be a very dependable truck.

If interested, shoot me a pm or call me at 605-228-9350. scott

I can arrange shipping on a drop-deck for around $2/mile or there is an airport here in my town. You could fly in and drive home.

Last edited:
If anyone is still looking for a good bucket truck, I just bought 2 as part of a package deal and only need one myself. I will sell either one as either would work fine for me.

1999 Ford F800 with 60' Altec AA755 material handler, 1500# capacity. Utility body, articulating single man bucket, cab protector, 5.9 cummins 6x2 spd. Pintle hitch. Air brakes and air pto.

1995 IHC 4900 with 57' Hi Ranger boom. Double end-hung basket articulates. Utility body, cab protector, DT466, 5x2 spd. Hyd brakes.

Both trucks have been well maintained and have been inspected annually. All service was completed according to manufacture specifications so all cables, hoses, etc are within the 3-5 year maintenance cycle. Paint and body condition as well as mechanical condition of both is very good. Either would be a very dependable truck.

If interested, shoot me a pm or call me at 605-228-9350. scott

I can arrange shipping on a drop-deck for around $2/mile or there is an airport here in my town. You could fly in and drive home.

A couple of pics...

A couple of pics...

Update for those interested. I'm trying to get my tz50 towable lift sold within the next month so I can get a new smaller towable lift purchased before spring. I also have these two bucket trucks to pay for now (still for sale also) so I'm considering reasonable offers on the genie. If you're interested in a good towable lift (or a bucket truck) and would like to discuss a reasonable offer, give me a call. Scott 605-228-9350.

I got an older 55' GMC 4x4 for sale with new motor.

It is a 1987 GMC with new gas 366 motor and new clutch and starter.
Has 55' High ranger with throttle grip
Also just put a new front driveshaft in.
Only asking $8900
Also has a fresh paint job.

Sorry I don't know how to post pictures.

I just bought a bucket from Specialized Hydrualics in Indiana 260-740-8232. They are real nice guys and they go through the trucks well so you know what your paying for. They can also get boom certs done for you... peace of mind.

A couple of pics...

Another update for anyone interested. I NEED to sell one of my 3 lifts ASAP so I have reduced the price on the 95 IHC with 57' Hi-Ranger to $14k firm. I need the proceeds to fix a cracked head on the 99 Ford. :cry: The International is freshly-serviced and ready to roll.

Or, if someone wants to deal on the ford with the 60' Altec M/H boom either before or after it's fixed, let me know. Once I get the head replaced it'll make a great truck - I just need to sell something quick as I'm going to have a big repair bill to pay soon!

Scott
605-228-9350

Last edited:
what do you want for the 55 FT tow able, and as far as bucket truck i am still looking but for something newer 06 or 08, i have a deal for a 06 don,t want to say just yet but would like to know a little about the tow able is it gas? electric??? :)

what do you want for the 55 FT tow able, and as far as bucket truck i am still looking but for something newer 06 or 08, i have a deal for a 06 don,t want to say just yet but would like to know a little about the tow able is it gas? electric??? :)

Duffer,

My Genie TZ50 towable is a 2005 with 250hrs and is a hybrid gas/electric so you can run it exclusively on the 4 -6v electric batteries or you can fire up the 8ph honda engine and be charging the batteries as you work. I very seldom run the engine - usually only when I'm in a remote area or if I've been going a long time and want to make sure the batteries don't run low.

I use my 20hp mt-50 mini skid to tow the lift around yards. It will fit through a 66" gate opening and has a pretty low profile (5' I think) so it will sneak under tree canopies pretty easily.

I bought it so I could use it as an alternative to climbing on the jobs that you would not be able to access with a big truck lift. I'm selling it because I live in a very flood-prone area and this year, like the past two, it's going to flood again. The TZ-50, as light as it is, still leaves light ruts in wet yards so I figure the smaller unit, though sporting a shorter reach, will be easier on wet lawns and I'll just have to do more climbing.

I have been asking $21500 which is half the price of a new one. I have been accepting offers and am close to my new target price of $19k which is what I will let it go for.

Call me for more info. 605-228-9350

Last edited:
Use caution with Iowa Truck and Equipment in Knoxville, IA

I'd be careful when buying anything from Jody at Iowa truck and Equipment in Knoxville, IA. I just posted a lengthy post in the Equipment forum about my recent experience with these guys. I don't know how to post the link here but if you care to read that thread titled 'Any body have experience with Iowa Truck and Equipment in Knoxville, IA', you will get the full scoop.

In short, their customer service sucks and they are not fully disclosing the defects in the equipment they sell on auction. Since you can't inspect it in person prior to buying, you have to take their word on the condition and, from my experience, I can tell you that they either do not know the full condition of the equipment that they are reselling or they simply 'leave out some important details' when they list the equipment.

if you buy from these guys, I would advise you to use caution and probably expect to do some repairs before the equipment is ready to go to work. I spent $4k to fix up two trucks I got from them. Jody did refund $1250 to me but that still left me with $2750 out of my own pocket that I did not expect to have to spend just to make them road legal and safe to drive. That and the fact that both trucks couldn't go straight to work as I was told but, rather, had to sit in the shop for weeks while getting parts ordered and repairs made. They won't get any more of my business.

2 cents on Schmidy's and bucket trucks

I have bought 2 bucket trucks from Schmidy's in Illinois.

You must go look at, drive, and operate any truck before you buy it. From anyone. Schmidy's is just a used car dealership. Some paint, hub caps, and sell. If you buy a truck sight unseen from anyone, you are stupid.

That being said, they might have just the truck you want. I bought a forestry package from them 2 years ago but still had bucket truck envy for a rear mount because we never used the chip box but blew chips into a chip truck which is way better for positioning your work area.

So, last year they had a International 4x4 rear mount ALC 52. Absolutely the exact truck I wanted. They gave me back what I had paid for the first truck in trade toward the next one. (of course the rear mount was double the price of forestry package.)

I haven't had any unexpected problems. It is a used truck and they don't guarantee anything, but you know that up front.

Now, I don't have bucket truck envy. The one I have is awsome. I do however have spiderlift envy.

Happy hunting.

Well finally I bought a Bucket truck it's a 06 International 22.000 miles 1600hours on the boom with a DT 466 245 HP 55FT high Ranger Forestry dump box. Bought it from Lilley international in Northern Carolina. I had the Truck inspected and also the boom from an independent, and so far so good, drove 1000 miles to bring it back home, hit a snow storm for about 3 hours thank god the truck has cruise. I had to have it inspected Federally and then we have to have it inspected Provincially. Still have to have the boom inspected here but the inspection state side for the boom is good for now. Wiil att, a picture later ,:)

Latest posts

Back