Buying my first chainsaw. Lowe's OK?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before you buy it at Lowes, make sure that your local Husky dealer wants your business.

I was recently at my local Stihl and Echo dealer (1 dealer that carries both lines) and they had a sign on their door "We will no longer service equipment purchased at the big box stores." I guess they got tired of dealing with and explaining to Joe "straight gas" Homeowner why his $400 Echo (that he just bought at Home Depot) burned up. I can understand the desire to not want to deal with "the unwashed", but to flat turn them away is just plain rude and arrogant **.

** This is the same dealer that tried to sell me a Stihl when I went in looking for an Echo, "Why do you want Echo? Stihl is better...", so maybe I shouldn't be surprised.
Couldn't be happier with my Echo

It was just a question, and this being a CHAINSAW site and the fact that you are giving advice about saws the question seems fair enough.

We are in a thread at a chainsaw site, that is about a guy buying a chainsaw from Lowes. Talking about what I use for cutting firewood in this thread is called "hi jacking a thread" Giving advice about the saw in question in this thread is participating in the thread. Understand? I think that's fair enough.

Saws out of the box are set lean, Lowes person ain't going to help. Research what limiter you need to get out of the way to fatten it up.
When I was more of a gungho Dolmar dealer the EPA had a container of 6400/7300/7900 sent back cause they didn't like the limiters, they epoxied the hi in a block of aluminum for the return trip.
That was ugly.

Saws out of the box are set lean, Lowes person ain't going to help. Research what limiter you need to get out of the way to fatten it up.
When I was more of a gungho Dolmar dealer the EPA had a container of 6400/7300/7900 sent back cause they didn't like the limiters, they epoxied the hi in a block of aluminum for the return trip.
That was ugly.
My motorcycle was like that from the factory. I had to drill out the plug and richen it up.

Nothing wrong with a Poulan.
e850ff85c3f013c61769e03dd5c8cba3.jpg
7633da8de484d12e2211eb4275d13327.jpg

Steve

Buy the saw. Buy 3qts of Husky fuel and make sure they are on the same receipt. Register the saw online. Bang. 4yr warranty. A genuine Husqvarna 455 with a 4yr warranty for $100+cost of fuel. Ask Stihl to beat that. :D
Husky fuel? There's a ethanol free gas station about seven miles from the house. Can I just mix the oil with that instead? Or is this stuff already premixed?

Latest posts

Back