Can anyone give pictures of holding Stihl MS880

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MichelleB said:
Thank you all for the lovely pics:) You are right he wont be satisfied unless he has the biggest and best...Michelle

If you want to get him the BEST, why are you looking to buy him a Stihl? Husqvarna makes the best BIG saws in the land! Go for the Husky 3120.

Because her husband is a stihl saw guy and he would be disappointed with that other brand. I can't tell you about the right bar and chain for that saw we don't even have them in teh showroom at any of my local Stihl shops. I do know that for a bigger bar you will pay more and that the performance may drop off some. The best I can suggest is for you to work out a deal with your dealer and set it up a certain way but with the allowance that your husband can come in and swap the bar if it isn't exactly what he wanted. I mean...come on...you are spending over a grand...the dealer ought to be able to make some accomadations...especially if he doesn't first use it...but even if he does.. BTW, start out with only one chain, minimize the investment until you're sure what he's going to be running.my 2 bits

Yes, Like JD says... and fishhuntcutwood...

In reality he'll need a couple of bars, and a couple of chains to match. A 36" for bigger wood, and a 25" or 28" for more practical use. Yes, the dealer should give you a great deal with "flexibility" of bar choices.

Freakingstang said:
Thanks, that is what i was loking for. I don't care if something is off .1 HP :laugh: I didn't realize the 066 was that big, wonder why he only has a 20" bar on it...no wonder I thought it was bad

My 066 has a 20" bar. Why? Because it's fun! If you're not cutting 36" DBH trees, what do you need a bar longer than 20" for?

rb_in_va said:
My 066 has a 20" bar. Why? Because it's fun! If you're not cutting 36" DBH trees, what do you need a bar longer than 20" for?

You can stand up straight with a longer bar when bucking. Less strain on the back.

Back