Can this Stihl 076 be rebuilt?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all most kindly for the advice on this 076. Besides the owners manual, I have a service/shop manual and an additional part list with numbers in print form. I will send the saw in and have the shop in Anchorage look it through pointing out the thoughts that y'all mentioned in your replies. Because I have such an infrequent contact with town it is more practical to have the shop tech look it over and round up whats needed, if he can find it.

I have been walking by this saw every day several times for the last 10 years. Yesterday I pulled her out from all sorts of stuff, cleaned her up, changed the plug today after Stihl 041S posted, pulled her through and she runs and sounds like a well made machine. Unbelievable. But I said that before :)

Sometimes a nice guy DOES win :cheers:

Karl,
As it seems you are a good photographer I am sure you have some more pictures of your remote setup that I am sure many of us would really enjoy.

Well I am pretty much done with firewood cutting and logging for this winter. Now I am looking to buy a Granberg mill, as the one I have is too small, I think it's a 20 inch only.

014_5_1.jpg

017_6_1-1.jpg

020_7_1.jpg

008_4_2.jpg

I could stare at pics like that all day. Thanks.

Probably one of the last free parts of the country right there. :)

Maybe someday for me.

Thank y'all for your help and comments, I very much appreciate it. Minus 5 F this morning, clear skies, calm and sunny. With a bit of luck I see a plane this week, then the 076 goes into town and hopefully will be back very soon. I got tons of work lined out for her.

Congrats on the find! Saw looks like it is in good shape. There are still plenty of parts available through Stihl. However, they are starting to run inventories dry on some parts, but what more can you expect out of a 20 year old saw.

Congrats Again!

Back