Can't Do This Solo. I Need Help.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Dog

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I purchased a Solo 634 on e-Bay and have encountered something I've never experienced before. When I pull the rope to try and start it, I can only pull the rope out maybe once which moves the piston. The rope won't come out all the way and the piston doesn't cycle the second time. Well, I removed the muffler and looked inside. Everything seemed to be OK. I attempted to pull the starter rope again before re-installing the muffler and same issue. Piston seemed to do one cycle and I wasn't getting the entire length of the rope out. OK, I removed the spark plug. Pulled the rope and it turned over exactly as a saw should without compression. Perfect. Pulled the rope to the end and piston cycled many times as it should. Well, I replaced the spark plug but only about half way. Now when I pull the rope, the saw acts exactly as it should under compression. But, when I seat the spark plug, again, little piston movement and only about 6" of rope can be pulled out. Any ideas?

Latest posts

Back