Cant Hooks, Log lifts....Who uses them.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canyonbc

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
How many of the guys and ladies here on the site use cant hooks or peaveys on a regular basis or at least carry one of the truck.

I am a one man show here in my county...but everyone i talk too is like ah who needs them...i think they are great and use it alot.

Opinions...

Thanks

Mike

I carry a cant hook and a peavey on my truck. They're indispenable in my opinon for rolling\shifting wood or logs. I used to load logs with them, now I have a knuckle boom truck.

I keep a shorter one in the truck all the time, and a longer one when on the bigger jobs. Wouldnt be without them. The shorter one is fantastic for unblocking chippers (carefully), breaking up stumps, getting out stuck saws, dismantling fences, rolling logs etc etc. wouldnt be without mine

We always have one for rolling logs............when its in a spot we cant fit the Bobcat with log grapple. :greenchainsaw:

if you do tree work and have any brain you will have one in the truck

I work alone alot and the first thing I told the boss-lady was get me a frikken peavey, she did, and I use it all the time, figure it replaces two other people if I'm rolling big uglies, last big roll was over 2T (no bs) and no way I could've done it without some great low-tech. I roll big logs up hill with it (use a piece or two of splitwood to keep it in place, I kick em in before the next purchase), lots to be said about common sense and leverage imho :)

:cheers:

Serge

Never go out without one.

Although those silly homeowner jobs that pick up the log for you to cut wood without hitting the ground....dumb. Pointless. And probably don't work except on logs so small you wouldn't need it anyway.

I always use a can't hook. I also use two pulp hooks for carrying and moving blocks. They really save you from bending over so much, and are easy on your hands!

can't operate without my cant hook!

all time rolling 3ft+ hardwood rounds.... those will hurt ya... if you are not careful.

I don't need one, just use my teeth. :monkey:

But really I love em. Long live leverage.

I always have at least one smaller cant hook in the truck and for the big trees I grab my big long homemade hook that can roll almost anything:clap:

I made a big timberjack last month for a log job I was doing... I should have made one years ago.

Now I need to make one that's about 2' long.

Last edited:
Here's a picture of the timberjack... The 5 gal. gas can is there for scale.

Timberjack.gif

It's overbuilt for sure... But I could probably turn a redwood with it.:clap:

Latest posts

Back