Can't stop looking at every tree driving down the road.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't stop either. I look to see what can be done to save sick trees, prune trees and ooh look at that that would be great firewood. Whoa almost drove off the road better watch the road.
Yesterday we went to Vermont drove almost 500 miles and looking at trees a lot. My wife saying hay look at the road and me saying wow there are a lot of scotch pine along this highway. Look at all of the webworm in the birches she likes trees also so it does not bug her.

I noticed yesterday that I don't do it at all on the motorcycle, at least when the wife is on the back, especially at night.

I have that same problem.....sometimes I have to swing around two or three times to check something out.....

Look at that tree....magnificent

or

What the hell were they thinking

or

I would hate to remove that Bad Boy

serious problem here

J.P.S. u a COP!, I didnt know that, brother. 2500, MP right, The attempt to rip my head off, has affected my long term memory, docs say its normal? Ive only been out a year and get face book invits from some of my guys, cannot remember them being in my platoon, so MOS numbas and acronyms get a little fuzzy too.
God I am glad I never had to be snatched up by You, how did u fit in a hummer!

Back to thread............. I always try stay focused on the road, but cant help it, also... always have to watch the other guys, Ill pull up in my wife's car and watch.

Last edited:
J.P.S. u a COP!, I didnt know that, brother. 2500, .

Comm, field radio and wireman. Though the 2515 was unofficial.

Back to thread............. I always try stay focused on the road, but cant help it, also... always have to watch the other guys, Ill pull up in my wife's car and watch.

the drive-by ID is just part of the problem. The real problem is when you see something you do not know and hit the brakes.

Hah! No kidding! done that one 2! Then you hear SCREEEEEEECH!

Thats right, Comm, I am embarrassed! Cops are 8511, my good friend is comm, was in the house of hell in fallujah (sp?), hes the radioman in the poster of Sgt Maj Castle coming out of the door. Good guy, always giving me a hard time that he was smarter than me, I was 3531/0331, helluva combo huh!

Last edited:
I used to look at trees in the skyline and figure out the best way to dismantle them in my mind. Now I more appreciate them for their beauty.

yea lol, i cant seem to forget where the prettiest canopys are, every time i get within looking distance im glued. But i enjoy it.

I also do the, i wonder how much brush is in that tree..

My TID had me looking at this big stately oak a true specimen bur oak that is dying. A sad day!

What about home owner hack jobs? Yesterday, I did bids all day, in this neighborhood that had been hit hard with the storms, that all the people were waiting for me, kinda strange! made a appointment with one, bid 7! Down the street this guy was out cutting on his apple, notice I did not say prune or trim! He molested this tree, it is atrocious. My TID went into over drive, had to take a pic! It seems those stand out from others, I can pick out a HO hack job from pretty far away, when driving down the streets, Ill see one and about wreck my truck looking at it, who ever is with me, always says "u want me to drive so you can stare out the window"! or something to that point. Yesterday, after that, and after thinking about this thread, I jumped into the passenger seat! It was nice to be able to conduct business on the fly, make my calls and look at trees!
And how fast do you guys pick up the site of a ladder and a drop cord tied to a tree, that always makes me crank my neck, maybe that is the real reason my neck is jacked, wonder if that is an ailment related to TID, "This patient is suffering from treeneckcheckitoutis due to a severe case of TID"

Last edited:
Can't stop looking at ever tree driving down the road

Right after I started this Tree stuff I was on my way home after a day of chipping removals saw a HO standing in a pile of wet brush with a ( Electric )Skill saw cutting , next day same guy He was done with the brush pile and had Mini Mac 10 tied to a 12 foot 2/4 stud for a ploesaw, locked on full throttle cutting the rest of his trees
This was march of 1980 never got over that site

I suffer the same symptoms as some list here. What amazes me now is how the majority of home owners disregard their trees. The lawn might look "fabulous" but the tree is hanging on the ground.

Another observation is the homes that are for sale. After doing tree work for several years, It shocks me that people would purchase a home that needs thousands of dollars of work.

I was 3531/0331, helluva combo huh!

Gunner/driver? So did you steer with your feet while operating the ring-mount 50? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Think this is a 0311?
carnevale.jpg

No 8th & I for this guy
tattoo_56.jpg

Last edited:
I used broom sticks to hit the pedals and pure volume of rounds down range to steer the truck!
Pics, No 8th & I for sure, Right before I got out, the Hurst team ( people who make you become a Recruiter) came to my unit, My buddy was on top of the list. We Knew they were coming and he DID NOT want to go to recruiting school, went to Wal-Mart, bought a bunch of temp tattoos, put them all over his arms to form "sleeves". Showed up at the classroom with his "sleeves", they said" NEXT"!
It was AWESOME! He want to be D.I.!

I have got to get pics on here, talk about TID, we had a big storm, all the meth heads were out knocking on doors, lots a damage, I was called there buy a customer, when I was done, drove thru the hood to check things out, hacks every were, got pictures of them! Would love to post them on here, so with the TID thing, does that apply to watching the "others" as well, or do we call that HID (hack identification disorder)? Have a pic of a dude with only boots and cut offs feedin the chipper, another with the guys pounding beer while working! The worst was the guy riding on the outside of the bucket, big fat guy too, with a 5 point on, but not tied in, dude in the bucket with nothing at all, about 30 ft up! :dizzy:

How's your basement Scott? I saw some pic's of the area and it looks like we did a couple weeks ago. (I picked my house for the high ground, we have not had any real water in the basement).

People are still putting wet and mouldy stuff out on the roadside. There were a couple of neighborhoods that had several houses condemned form basement wall collapse.

Its good, thanks! we are on the "shelf", the ridge line that follows the river, we wont flood, BUT! we have had SO MUCH rain, we did get a little seepage from that, the flood wasn't real bad this time, roads only closed for a day.

Have had quite a few uprooting's tho, had a very large Oak, smash a house that was on the historic registration, we took the tree, the house has to go as-well, knocked it a couple inches to the left! Have pics, just cant get them on here!

Back