Carb Question for Stihl 032 AV?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have built a few dozen 031/032 series saw and have never had a problem with a rebuild kit. I don't think I have ever waited for a week plus from my dealer either. I would like to see some pictures of the carb.

OP

I'm betting your condensor is getting hot and shutting down. I would look towards ignition and not fuel.

I have built a few dozen 031/032 series saw and have never had a problem with a rebuild kit. I don't think I have ever waited for a week plus from my dealer either. I would like to see some pictures of the carb.

Hiya Scott -

I have an 031 rebuild thread going and will post pix when that kit gets here.

No one has answered the question I posted either ..... :confused:

Best of luck with that.

one thing forgot to say there was all saws have a manufacturers recommended max RPM setting, and if you have access to a tacho thats the best and safest way to set up the H jet, if not then as above.

Hmmm. We have a Blue Point (Snap-On) strobe timing light at the shop with a dwell/tach display, but I would have no idea offhand how to hook such a thing up to a saw. I just asked my wife (who is now the chief mechanic in the family since I cleaned my fingernails around twelve years ago) if that meter was still working and she said, "Dunno, it's been a while since I used a timing light." Computerized and integrated fuel/ignition/engine controls/transmission, braking and suspension systems...ya' know what I mean? :dizzy:

Hi Guys-

This is my first post on the forum, but I've been lurking around this site for a while now and am really impressed by all the helpful knowledge that gets shared around here...

I have an 032 AV that wound up with a problem bogging down when hot. I took it to a local shop (that had a real good Stihl man, I thought) who installed a kit and could never really get it to perform properly when hot. It would die in the log and could not be adjusted out. He had installed a carburetor kit, but came to the conclusion that I needed a carb. According to the kit he installed, I would need an HU-51A, but he could not locate one. The saw sat for a while, I wound up buying a MS361, and that’s been several years ago. I’m feeling guilty about having the 032 (which was a really good saw) just sitting around, and am now looking for a carb to hopefully get it running again. I’m likewise having a problem locating a carb.

Can y'all tell me, perhaps, what the difference is between the HU-51A and the HU-51B? I understand that both were fitted to the 032 AV, but are they interchangeable?

Thanks, folks!

-Dave

had the same issue, the Stihl man maintenance the carb but never set the carb when cutting wood. I was totally frustrated, the I check the spark plug and the gap was wrong then I turn the High screw and turn it counter clock wise until it was run fast when pulling the gas, then I started cutting and it bogged down so I turn it counter clock wise more and repeated this until the saw was running good and not bogging down. The carb was choking it self and as it warms up it is pushing to much gas to air mix and the saw bogs down. The high screw turns off that choking.

Back