Carbon Analysis On Piston Crown

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not convinced the manufacturers know what's going. Stihl's recommendation is still the daft . . . "50:1 when using Stihl Lube and 25:1 for everyone else". Or maybe there's another agenda - now that does turn it onto oil thread. :)

I was actually referring to the oil manufacturer, not the saw manufacturer...but Stihl does have their name on both!

That's what makes me uncomfortable about Amsoil. It might be good oil, but when they say you can run it at 100:1 but probably should use 50:1, it doesn't seem like they are basing it on the additive package.

Oops...I said Amsoil. Now it REALLY is an oil thread.

50:1 with stihl oil and 25:1 could be marketing or it could be a catch all to cover people running real crappy oil. Maybe a little of both. Certainly stihl would not want to get into saying 25:1 with these brands but 50:1 with these others is ok, nor would they want to get into doing all that testing on dozens of other brands of oil to back that up. To make it simple they test and waranty their saws based on 50:1 stihl oil and 25:1 for other brands of 2 stroke mix, works for the marketing dept too.

Back