Carbon Remover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, same issue here. No Rotella to be had anywhere. Ended up getting delvac for the trucks and tractors. Fully synthetic but still a 15w40 weight. I'm sure it will be fine. Cost a mint though.

My old man bought a huskee lawnmower from tsc in 1998. Never, ever changed the oil in it. At the time he was mowing close to 3 acres with it weekly. Last year the transmission finally gave out. Took the engine out of it (23hp briggs) and scrapped the rest. Engine still runs fine, I did change the oil and filter, was surprised how nice the oil looked. Dad reminded me it burns a bit of oil, keep it topped off and it will be fine.
Add a half pint of Restore when you change the oil next time. My dads mower was using some and it stopped burning oil.

My first home had about 2.5 acres of lawn. I don't miss mowing that!

I hate hate hate lawn. 2.5 acres, I couldn't make myself do it. My 1/3rd acre, and most of it not lawn, has me swearing and wanting to set things on fire before I'm done. I couldn't imagine the time burned on 2.5 acres, but I know I'd flatly refuse. It'd be getting torn out and replanted in something that needs zero care immediately.

I guess I never knew Kawi made engines for Toro, but I don't mess with commercial lawnmowers at all.
Intermidate level quality push mowers get Briggs & Kohler . Higher Commercial Grade walk behinds & lawn tractors ( Kawasaki & Honda) . Zero turns get Kawasaki & Briggs or Subaru gas units or better quality & Life Cycle Diesel engines . The sad part is that all mowers never fail terminally due to a engine but because of underengineered frame body or transmission failure issues. Almost all engines meet the minmium epa. 300/500 hr standards .

I know, same issue here. No Rotella to be had anywhere. Ended up getting delvac for the trucks and tractors. Fully synthetic but still a 15w40 weight. I'm sure it will be fine. Cost a mint though.

My old man bought a huskee lawnmower from tsc in 1998. Never, ever changed the oil in it. At the time he was mowing close to 3 acres with it weekly. Last year the transmission finally gave out. Took the engine out of it (23hp briggs) and scrapped the rest. Engine still runs fine, I did change the oil and filter, was surprised how nice the oil looked. Dad reminded me it burns a bit of oil, keep it topped off and it will be fine.
Then Briggs came out with their new generation pushmower " never change engine oil just top up policy " lol.

Yea
i can mow 2 acres on my mower in 30 minutes but that is no obstacles and it is 72 inch cut.
Heck if i didn't have the 24' × 16' pool , Hot tub & Sauna enclosures , along with 3 crimson kings & 20 ornamental pines between the front & back lawns with a dozen shrubs & decorative bushs , i would love a 72" Diesel powered Zero turn brother ;)

Never had bad service from a Honda.
Yeh , Honda has the engines down pat . Some model years had troublesome auto choke assemblies i preferred Toro's Bi-mettalic thermostatic elements better . Also some of the Hrx models were poor mulchers . I like to mulch 1st few cuts then bag primarily , then mulch again just befire seasons end !

Got a tecumseh LAV 35 that runs just fine other than needing new points and condenser.
The last few production runs of Tecumseh that Toro mowers had in the later yrs , were stout then they became disposable & Briggs , Kohler were standard issue on residential grade units lol. Unfortunate the Snowking blower model a absolute torgue monster Tecumseh power unit also became junk unfortunately .

Never had bad service from a Honda.
Same here, even my gcv on the push mower never gave grief besides a bad plug once.
Then Briggs came out with their new generation pushmower " never change engine oil just top up policy " lol.
I was the smart arse that was at the update class that immediately blurted out "who changes oil in a push mower?" Lol.

i can mow 2 acres on my mower in 30 minutes but that is no obstacles and it is 72 inch cut.

I couldn't stand that. I'm not spending the equivalent of a cheap used truck, on equipment to take care of something that I don't want anyway. Pine tree seedlings are slightly over a buck a piece, how many can you get, and still come in under the cost of a $12,000 mower?

I couldn't stand that. I'm not spending the equivalent of a cheap used truck, on equipment to take care of something that I don't want anyway. Pine tree seedlings are slightly over a buck a piece, how many can you get, and still come in under the cost of a $12,000 mower?
My yard is 4.5 acres acres and i mow 24 yards on the side for extra income. So yes i like my expensive because the $1500 mower wouldn't last two seasons mowing what i take care off.

I hate mowing too. Back on the farm it was my Saturday morning chore to mow all the grass and weeds. 5 something acres between the yard, field lanes and road banks. Hated every minuet of it. I mow about 3/4 of an acre here at my place and it takes too long. If I had the spare money I'd have a zero turn and not a tractor. I have too many things to drive around to make it fast, then there about 2 hours worth of weedwacker work. Hate, hate, hate grass.

My yard is 4.5 acres acres and i mow 24 yards on the side for extra income. So yes i like my expensive because the $1500 mower wouldn't last two seasons mowing what i take care off.

Having equipment for a side biz is an entirely different story.

I still wouldn't want to mow a single blade of grass of my own.

Latest posts

Back