Carbon Remover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might been inside a few small engines.. if anything it's pretty apparent those are low stress affairs and don't require any special oil. I mean they survive with plastic cams..

Growing up, the oil in the mower or rototiller was NEVER changed. Top up as needed, and run it. Never had a failure because of oil.

Not that I'd do that in any of my engines now, but it didn't seem to hurt anything.

I haven't owned a Briggs in years and have never seen a Kawi.
I'll stick with Honda. They run forever on just about any oil.
I have a Kawasaki kai fj180v in my Toro Turfmaster 30 " mower pressurised oil system with spin on Wix oil filter . It gets 10w-40 T6 . This was it 5th yr cutting nice unit . 500 hr rated engine .

Growing up, the oil in the mower or rototiller was NEVER changed. Top up as needed, and run it. Never had a failure because of oil.

Not that I'd do that in any of my engines now, but it didn't seem to hurt anything.
A lot of old Tecumseh & Clinton , likely still out there running with that interval protocol !

That doesn't supprise me at all. These types of engines usually never accumulate the hours to wear out anyways and as I mentioned are pretty low stress affairs.

I live in Montana. I actually was in Wally world yesterday and didn't see one 5w40 or 10w30 diesel oil available. I'm not sure why this is.
I know, same issue here. No Rotella to be had anywhere. Ended up getting delvac for the trucks and tractors. Fully synthetic but still a 15w40 weight. I'm sure it will be fine. Cost a mint though.

My old man bought a huskee lawnmower from tsc in 1998. Never, ever changed the oil in it. At the time he was mowing close to 3 acres with it weekly. Last year the transmission finally gave out. Took the engine out of it (23hp briggs) and scrapped the rest. Engine still runs fine, I did change the oil and filter, was surprised how nice the oil looked. Dad reminded me it burns a bit of oil, keep it topped off and it will be fine.

Latest posts

Back