Carbon Remover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Son picked a 1st generation Yamaha inverter a 900 or 1000 watt unit for various lite load camping applications , it was a trade on an old chainsaw . Was & still is great on fuel however the economy mode is annoying . The 1st nite he left it on & woke me up around 2 am with its constant governor surging lol. I put it on normal mode it picked up a fast idle then settled into a constant low him . After that we only ran it on economy mode during the day when the kids wanted to watch a movie or auxiliary lighting etc . Until early this spring when I found the problem was with the governor spring assembly !

Thanks T for the posting , it actually is a (Blue) Yamaha . Getting old lol. However yes at 1st I thought it was a low speed or idle jet restriction . But as I mentioned when you moved the switch back to normal mode from economy it did not surgue . I tried cleaning the idle circuit with a tag wire & carb cleaner . No change . Then I checked the governor spring assembly in the off season &.found that the spring assembly had been tweaked . I changed out the spring & the surge disappeared. Good video though brother . Should help folks accordingly . Cheers brother ! :cheers:

Latest posts

Back