Cast Iron Cookware

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hocks & Beans
6c14ee9c8d409f2f7367f8eb17c40f1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using see
yum~

wondering - where did u get the ham hocks? when a youth and living in the UK... my dad would get some and he would make ham hocks n cabbage. total delish! i don't like the hock i get locally. smoked pork but either taste or meat always an issue. i see some well spoken of online, but haven't tried any. those ham hocks n cabbage Sunday dinners dad made were ever so good... :)

i like to cook french fries outside on my new ly scrounged SS grill/cook center (72") big SS unit on the side burner i brought back to life... i have been using a teflon kitchen pan for the task. thinking a try with one of my cast iron pans would be fun to do.

1636570343446.png

yum~

wondering - where did u get the ham hocks? when a youth and living in the UK... my dad would get some and he would make ham hocks n cabbage. total delish! i don't like the hock i get locally. smoked pork but either taste or meat always an issue. i see some well spoken of online, but haven't tried any. those ham hocks n cabbage Sunday dinners dad made were ever so good... :)

Just a last min grab at a common market, all pre packard up

Sent from my iPhone using see

this is the pan i got at goodwill for $3.50 its a small logo griswold probably from the 60's it was so caked with gunt the logo was not visable at all. i stripped it completely and it works well.

Attachments

• 20211121_112215.jpg
    20211121_112215.jpg
    1,019.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20211121_111213.jpg
    20211121_111213.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 17
  • 20211121_111904.jpg
    20211121_111904.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 20211121_112137.jpg
    20211121_112137.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 20211121_112325.jpg
    20211121_112325.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 16
that's rediculious and kind of against their own philosophy
I guess they figure that if folks will buy and ‘flip’ merchandise, Goodwill should try to get as much value from the donation as they can. You know what some stuff goes for on eBay, etc. But some of the cheap cast iron stuff is definitely overpriced.

Still keeping an eye open at garage and estate sales.

Philbert

I guess they figure that if folks will buy and ‘flip’ merchandise, Goodwill should try to get as much value from the donation as they can. You know what some stuff goes for on eBay, etc. But some of the cheap cast iron stuff is definitely overpriced.

Still keeping an eye open at garage and estate sales.

Philbert
yes estate sales are a good place for finding all kinds of good stuff. I have quit donating to goodwill all together since its not a non profit. i donate to the salvation army which helps a lot of people and those gaia boxes

i have a couple of cast iron dutch ovens. but bit too big for my needs after TGD dinner. so i potted up some homemade turkey soup in one of my cast alum dutch ovens. the soup at first was on mild side, flavor-wise. with a little adjusting of the seasonings... came out perfect! really good. on the :envy:
P1010026.JPG

i got my stainless grill the same way. was driving down the road with my wife several years ago and there it was set out to the curb for recycle. I stopped turned around and went back asked the wife to get out and help me put it in the truck she thought i was crazy. it was pretty covered in crud. but it cleaned up real nice and has a lifetime warranty on replacement burners cooking grates and heat tents it has been a solid gasser

Latest posts

Back