Central Ohio Spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thing is slicker than snot on a glass doorknob!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mZ4S-oXVdDU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mike

Anyway, attempting to cut through that log from the top side is asking for trouble, so I guess that was done just to show how the wedge works....:msp_unsure:

Funny. Nobody seemed to want my autograph.

But I did shake hands with Brad..., just because..., well..., ya know..., he's Brad......and stuff. (Think maybe that's what had him sick in bed the next day?):msp_tongue:

My personal thanks to the Poors for their hospitality and overall effort in hosting such a top notch event. As my first, they set the bar pretty high for any others I'll be attending in the future. Great job by great folks and a true pleasure to be part of it.

Not sure who I met or who I didn't before a rather abrupt and unexpected departure right after lunch, but sure do want to give thumbs up to that bad-ass 361 I had the pleasure of running.:rock: (Thanks, Slim.)

Wish I coulda gone the distance, but was spreading myself pretty thin just making the trip at all.

One thing I definitely learned from watching all the action is that I'm better at re-building and tuning my own saws than I've been giving myself credit for. Next time I'll bring a few -- and DOMINATE the top handle class!:hmm3grin2orange:

So who were all you people, anyway? Names with pics would be very cool if someone can put it together and post it.

(I'll be the one there's no picture of.):cool2:

Thanks again to everyone.

:cheers:

Poge

Funny. Nobody seemed to want my autograph.

But I did shake hands with Brad..., just because..., well..., ya know..., he's Brad......and stuff. (Think maybe that's what had him sick in bed the next day?):msp_tongue:
Well there was your first mistake!

Not sure who I met or who I didn't before a rather abrupt and unexpected departure right after lunch, but sure do want to give thumbs up to that bad-ass 361 I had the pleasure of running.:rock: (Thanks, Slim.)

Wish I coulda gone the distance, but was spreading myself pretty thin just making the trip at all.
Did you buy any boots? I've bought a couple pair there myself.

Thanks Bill!!!

Good to see everyone again. Shame we all live so far apart.Great to meet a few new faces.

Since no one has mentioned it yet...........one of the gut busters of the day was Fred's.........entrance.

He comes barreling down the drive, past the garage, hits the yard about 35mph with Bill yelling "No, not that way Fred", drives thru the garden and parks in the freshly planted bean field, with Bill still hollerin "Tell him to get out of the bean field!"

Classic Fred

Thanks Bill!!!

Good to see everyone again. Shame we all live so far apart.Great to meet a few new faces.

Since no one has mentioned it yet...........one of the gut busters of the day was Fred's.........entrance.

He comes barreling down the drive, past the garage, hits the yard about 35mph with Bill yelling "No, not that way Fred", drives thru the garden and parks in the freshly planted bean field, with Bill still hollerin "Tell him to get out of the bean field!"

Classic Fred

It was good to see you again Mike. It was a real treat to be standing right next to Bill when Fred made his enterance, LOL:hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

here's a few more ugly mugs:hmm3grin2orange:

I'm sure I saw more pics and vids being taken. Post 'em up guys!

I've been in bed sick all day:( Actually, wasn't feeling well yesterday. But, a chainsaw addict does what a chainsaw addicts got to do:)

It's always a pleasure watching Nate opperate a saw. He is so smooth, rarely ever making a mistake. Andre was in rare form yesterday as well. I timed some of his change overs at 0.07". That's slick!

For sure- there were some good operators around. Watching some of those guys almost made a real embarrassment outta me. But hey for the first time I think I did ok. Will have to practice that sometime again. Im sure my changeovers could improve a bunch!

Did you buy any boots? I've bought a couple pair there myself.[/QUOTE]

Lincoln and I made the trip to Rocky and ran into a couple folks from the GTG. Something was wrong I spent more money at the boot store than the GTG.:msp_confused: Walked out with a pair for myself and 3 pairs for the kids.

Did you buy any boots? I've bought a couple pair there myself.

Lincoln and I made the trip to Rocky and ran into a couple folks from the GTG. Something was wrong I spent more money at the boot store than the GTG.:msp_confused: Walked out with a pair for myself and 3 pairs for the kids.[/QUOTE]

Well they got you for more than they got me then lol. i walked out with nothing (couldn't stomach spending more than $30 for a pair of shoes) and the wife ended up with a real nice zip up fleeze jacket.

Cody & Tonya McM

gtg thanks

Thanks Again to the Poors for the awesome hospitality and generosity, we had a great first GTG!!!

I learned a lot from all of you guys, and it was nice to meet all of you.
I am name remembering challenged but i normally remember faces well so if get names wrong my apologies in advance.
Although i don't post much i lurk A LOT and enjoy reading all the posts and seeing all the pictures most everyday.
The race saws were something totally different for me to be around and it was pretty neat to see all of them and the techniques used to run them, As i mainly run saws for firewood.
Thanks to all off you that let me run your saws it was nice to be able to see all the differences between them since i don't get to run many newer saws.

Thanks Again,
Cody McM

What am I missin' with the boots?

The Rocky Boot Factory Outlet Store is about 40 miles from the GTG down SR33E in Nelsonville. They have new and "seconds" boots and shoes. I got a pair for $60, Lincoln picked out these crazy $335 boots - cost me $40 and I got the lil ones a pair each for $22. So about 4 pair for $150.

Back