Central Ohio Spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That GTG really got me going again. Haven't went 2 days since without cutting something. Today I dropped an Ash that was a biggin' for me - 32" diameter at waist high. First branch was 57 feet up. The M-Tronic ate it up and it fell in the exact line I was aiming for - WOO HOO!
Nice job, that will surely make some great burning stuff for ya. Splits nice too! Is this where I should say VIDEO or it didnt happen? lol

Nice job, that will surely make some great burning stuff for ya. Splits nice too! Is this where I should say VIDEO or it didnt happen? lol

Funny, I said to the wife that I wished I'd have had her video it, but then again I'd have screwed it up if I was on camera. She was down at the pond (about 100 yards away) when it fell - said it really made a thump.

Found a timing sheet someone did in my note book with BIG WOOD wrote on top of the page. I am guessing it is the 20" cottonwood you all were cutting on at the end of GTG.

You want me to take pic of page so you can see times, saws etc?

Guess whos' new camera patch cord came in the mail today!!!!!

Mike

P1010981.jpg

P1010979-1.jpg

P1010980.jpg

This is Nate attempting to give us ALL a lesson in changeovers!!!

P1010964.jpg

Our ol' buddy Fred!!!(stihlboy)

P1010949.jpg

Nate, Rob (man of stihl) and Kevin discussing saws while Bill's neighbor and W8YE look on.

P1010948.jpg

Mike

Guys if I screw up and title someone wrong I'm sorry, but most here know I'm dumber that a purple brick and I'm doing the best I can.
To those that don't know me, as Rhett Butler said in GWTW........"Let me apologize in advance for all of my many shortcomings"!LOL

Mike

DANG!!!
Now the witness location people are gonna kick my........!

Bill's son, Officer's Match and a guy I didn't catch his name or username. (sorry)

OH! And let's not forget documented proof of Fred parked in the garden!!!LOL

P1010947.jpg

Brad, (blsnelling) working frantically (Is there any other way for Brad?) while Andre (Andyshine77) takes a well deserved rest.

P1010946.jpg

Probably my favorite GTG photo to date!
Nik (Fatguy) taking a pic of me, taking a pic of him!!!LOL

P1010945.jpg

You guys will have to help me out here.
In the foreground are Nik (Fatguy) Super3's son Ian and Mike (Super3).

P1010944.jpg

Nate running Brad's piped 390 Husky (Video to follow)

P1010943.jpg

Can't remember the owner/operator and a STRONG 3120 Husky

P1010942.jpg

Mike

Al Smith and one of his old Mac trucks.
This saw is deceptively fast. (Video to follow)

P1010941.jpg

Not sure who the guy with the camera is (sorry) and Brad test-N-tuning his piped 390

P1010940.jpg

Here is Al talking to a member I don't recognize (sorry) and prepping a few saws.

P1010939.jpg

I'll try to get some vids up later but it may be tomorrow before I can get everything done.

Mike

You guys will have to help me out here.
In the foreground are Nik (Fatguy) Super3's son Ian and Mike (Super3).

Can't remember the owner/operator and a STRONG 3120 Husky

P1010942.jpg

Mike

That there is Ted, Birdogtg. Hes a real good dude. Nice pics Mike, wish I would have taken some of my own. Will make a point to at the Poulan GTG!

I was there. Really. Swear to hell I was.

Can even see Bill now wonderin' why his grass is dyin' next to the beans from all of Fred's leaky junk layin' in the grass behind his truck for the (ahem) "swap meet".

Wait! There's half of me talkin' to Al!

Yay!

:laugh:

Poge

Last edited:
I was there. Really. Swear to hell I was.

Can even see Bill now wonderin' why his grass is dyin' next to the beans from all of Fred's leaky junk layin' in the grass behind his truck for the (ahem) "swap meet".

Wait! There's half of me talkin' to Al!

Yay!

:laugh:

Poge

Wished I would have caught up with ya. I probably met you and didnt talk forum names. Hope ya had a good time, I know Im ready for another.

Just to let you guys know,

If you want to post any of MY pics on another site feel free to do so.
I'm not going to, it's just too danged much work!!!

Mike

Don't know how this will work but we'll see.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid208.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fbb53%2Frms61moparman%2FP1010943-1.mp4">

Mike

Another,

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid208.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fbb53%2Frms61moparman%2FP1010941-1.mp4">

Mike

Latest posts

Back