Central Va./Dinosaur50 GTG 2012

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
buy the way all this one will be rain or shine it on that day all date so if it rains their will be a popup tent or 2 go under if it rains also going 2 see about putting down saw ducts or hay or wood chips 2 keep it dryer we only got one day we can do it so we need 2 make march 31 work
Michael i hope you have a couple of circus tents at your house because i DO NOT before u post you need to let me know because this is my family's land and they don't have tents either.. AS far as rain or shine event if it rains i might bring ONE saw because my saws are retired when they smell rain they run for the barn ,, and i think everybody else's saws feel the same way . we need to plan a rain date david:msp_mad:

Have fun!

What do you mean.............have fun? What is to prevent you from being in the middle of this GTG? Many of us will be greatly disappointed if you beg off with some excuse or other. And you've got salt on some nice saws over there yet! I can think of a 26LCS runner for openers!
I'll meet you over at Kahills' and you can hitch a ride with me!
Dean:cheers
P.S. we both know where that 82 came from.....my Kenbridge connection

Dean,

I have not been on the Forum much in the past couple of months and am just seeing this for the first time. I plan to be back in Richmond that weekend to run the Monument Avenue 10K and could come down after I am done. I would need to go back to my house to shower and change and pick up some saws, so it would probably be 11:00 - 11:30 before I get there.

If you, Michael and David could let me know what saws you want me to bring I could dig them out. I tried to put most of them away dry, but who knows if they will want to run when I get them. I will also be more than happy to bring a tub of Mini Macs for door prizes. A little picture just for Aaron...

JoesMobilesaws001.jpg

We need to get Family Tradition and Green Blood out for this one too. I will be in touch as the date draws closer.

Gary

Get in touch with Green Blood and Family Tradition if you will and require them to show up. We're glad to hear you'll be in town, but see if you can finish last in the 10K 'cuz you may need a little energy when you get to the GTG! Door prizes might be a good idea! I've got one or two larger saws I could let go to some lucky winner! Maybe Harsh could donate a DA-211 BOWSAW.
That would be neat!
Dean:cheers:

Get in touch with Green Blood and Family Tradition if you will and require them to show up.

I have not seen Max in a year and a half, but I will try to contact him. Green Blood lurks here and will probably see it, but I will PM him as well.

We're glad to hear you'll be in town, but see if you can finish last in the 10K 'cuz you may need a little energy when you get to the GTG!

I plan to be in one of the first two waves so I can be done early on. I will probably be home before the last wave starts. It is only a 10K and I don't plan to run too fast as I will be in costume. I wonder how I can incorporate a chain saw into one? Any ideas?

Last edited:
Get in touch with Green Blood and Family Tradition if you will and require them to show up.
I have not seen Max in a year and a half, but I will try to contact him. Green Blood lurks here and will probably see it, but I will PM him as well.

I plan to be in one of the first two waves so I can be done early on. I will probably be home before the last wave starts. It is only a 10K and I don't plan to run too fast as I will be in costume. I wonder how I can incorporate a chain saw into one? Any ideas?

I dunno, Leatherface wouldn't be impressive as a distance runner I'm thinking. You could go as " Marcell Ledbetter" and take along his lightweight McCulloch "singing chainsaw" Remember that one......................"They GAVE Marcell the beer joint!"
Igpoe:cheers:

i like the GTG! Door prizes

i like the GTG! Door prizes idea i will find something 2 put in it

If you need a part, say so on this thread and maybe somebody coming can help you out.

does this go for everyone planning on attending? if so i have been looking for a set of decently priced 660 case.

so my wife texts me tonight from work and says "are there any of those chainsaw thingies coming up?"

i say "yeah"

she says "we should go"

so it looks like i am plnning on attending. probably me and my wife, Jenn, but also may bring my two boys. i think they would really enjoy it. i may be able to talk a couple of my cutting buddies into coming along as well.

for those making a long trip are there any provisions for camping say if we wanted to show up on friday evening? also should we plan to bring a covered dish or anything? i have a six hour drive so i don't know what Jenn might bring food-wise but i'm sure we could bring paper plates etc. along with a few cases of pop and water.

does this go for everyone planning on attending? if so i have been looking for a set of decently priced 660 case.

so my wife texts me tonight from work and says "are there any of those chainsaw thingies coming up?"

i say "yeah"

she says "we should go"

so it looks like i am plnning on attending. probably me and my wife, Jenn, but also may bring my two boys. i think they would really enjoy it. i may be able to talk a couple of my cutting buddies into coming along as well.

for those making a long trip are there any provisions for camping say if we wanted to show up on friday evening? also should we plan to bring a covered dish or anything? i have a six hour drive so i don't know what Jenn might bring food-wise but i'm sure we could bring paper plates etc. along with a few cases of pop and water.

Come one, come all!. I shall have to refer the question of camping space to Sawmandave as he is familiar to the grounds. But he says we have about 50 acres to play with!
A decent 660 case wouldn't be hard to find, but someone willing to let one go might be a horse of a different color! Roanoker494, if you're reading this, search us up a 660 case if you can.
Chopperfreak2K1, you might find particular interest in the timed cuts we're planning. Bring along the hottest of your hot saws so you can show these folks something. One with a Rotax motor is OK. Or even the worlds' fastest 33cc model is interesting!
Bring along all the buds you can muster, we'll teach them how to invent stories about great chainsaws as hereabouts we have some liars that know no equal!
Jenn should be aware that as far as food is concerned, there will be no non-eaters at this GTG. But considering the distance you will travel, the paper plates and pop sounds like a generous offer. Bring a camera as all will expect all to post video of our fine time! Welcome!!!!!!!

thanks brother, lookin forward to it!

Roanoker494, any help would be most appreciated. i have found a couple sets of cases, however they were either 066 flavor or out of my price range.

for those making a long trip are there any provisions for camping say if we wanted to show up on friday evening?

If you can't camp at the site, you could try Pocahontas State Park which is fairly close by. They also have cabins available. There is also a campground farther west on Rt. 60 in Powhatan that is called Cozy Acres you could check into as well. However, I think they are seasonal so they may not open until after this is over.

yup thier will be some hotsaws thier with Rotax motor and hondas and outhers 2

yup thier will be some hotsaws thier with Rotax motor and hondas and outhers 2

I've been having a few problems with my KB-7B - YouTube
This is a short vid of my KB-7B, my strongest saw. It hasn't wanted to behave properly for about a year and a half now, but it's getting better now. I'm gonna go back using it. What y'all think? Take it to the GTG?

Very cool saw. Bring it! I know you live down that way and I was wondering if you knew the answer to chopperfreak2k1's question. Is there camping onsite? I also was wondering if there was a no tell motel close by in case I stay real late and don't feel like driving home.

thier is motels close by

thier is motels close by i can get a list if you need them and put them on here as fair as camping ask sawman dave he will give you the answer i would say we can camp thier but it not my call it sawman dave call

here a list

5030 W Village Green Drive
Midlothian
(804) 744-7303
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midlothian
www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/.../ricva/hoteldetailSorry, our hotel is not able to accommodate pets. call Swift Creek Animal Hospital- Kennel 5 miles ...
3 Google reviews - $114▼

6451 Bayside Lane
Midlothian
(804) 639-3500
Sleep Inn & Suites Harbour Pointe
Midlothian VA Hotels, Midlothian Hotel - Sleep Inn & Suites Harbour Pointe...
2 Google reviews - $91▼
3620 Price Club Boulevard
Midlothian
(804) 675-0000
Shamin Hotels
Shamin Hotels | With A Touch More
2 Google reviews - $125▼
10300 Hull Street Road
Midlothian
(888) 288-5081
Super 8 Midlothian/Richmond Area
www.super8.com/hotels/.../hotel-overview?...
5 Google reviews - $52▼
12400 Redwater Creek Rd
Chester
Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester
www.marriott.com/setSCtracking.mi?scid...
2 Google reviews - $104▼
5679 Boydton Plank Road
Petersburg
(877) 863-4780
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Petersburg
www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/.../hoteldetailThat is why the Holiday Inn Express® Petersburg - Dinwiddie hotel offers a Business Center ...
5 Google reviews - $99▼
201 Arboretum Pl
Richmond
(804) 560-1566
Hyatt Place Richmond/Arboretum
Custom 404 Error Page - Main...
4 Google reviews - $88▼
2401 Willis Rd
Richmond
(804) 275-5900
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Richmond-I-95 South
Richmond , VA Hotels: Country Inn & Suites: Hotel in Richmond, VA
2 Google reviews - $71▼
2401 West Hundred Road
Chester
(804) 748-6321
Clarion Hotel
Chester Virginia Hotels, Clarion Hotel near Fort Lee, Chester VA...
3 Google reviews - $90▼

Latest posts

Back