Central Va./Dinosaur50 GTG 2012

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm not making the list

Nobody asked you to do that. Everyone knows you are coming from Pennsyltucky. I was just interested in camping and lodging from folks in the area and used your name because you had also asked about camping for you and the Mrs. I wish I could talk my wife into going.

Nobody asked you to do that. Everyone knows you are coming from Pennsyltucky. I was just interested in camping and lodging from folks in the area and used your name because you had also asked about camping for you and the Mrs. I wish I could talk my wife into going.

i was just messin with ya brother. LOL Roger is my real name and if you read it like i did it was like you were asking me. no harm intended just a bad attempt at humor on my part.

camping

does this go for everyone planning on attending? if so i have been looking for a set of decently priced 660 case.

so my wife texts me tonight from work and says "are there any of those chainsaw thingies coming up?"

i say "yeah"

she says "we should go"

so it looks like i am plnning on attending. probably me and my wife, Jenn, but also may bring my two boys. i think they would really enjoy it. i may be able to talk a couple of my cutting buddies into coming along as well.

for those making a long trip are there any provisions for camping say if we wanted to show up on friday evening? also should we plan to bring a covered dish or anything? i have a six hour drive so i don't know what Jenn might bring food-wise but i'm sure we could bring paper plates etc. along with a few cases of pop and water.
helo i will ask the man who own's the property i do not know the answer yet

I hope it will be a go???? I am going to talk to his son today or tues. as i work for him ..I will try to get adresses for local camp grounds. Here is one # pocahontas state park(10 to 15 min. from gtg) 804-796-4316 I think they have a camp ground or can refer u to one,,,I will do some digging for ya . thanks for trying to make it as it is a long drive,, we hope this will be a large gtg........ david

Last edited:
ahhhhh! boy do i feel silly...

will ya have the Stihls at the GTG?

I can bring them along, sure. I'm waiting on this one dude who says he's gonna give me $650 for the 066, but that was 2 months ago. It's had a muff. mod. and a little port work by JT78. I may make a timed cut with it just for giggles or get you to do it. I may be the only dude there with a stopwatch! I like the 056S myself 'cuz it balances a longer bar a little better.
:cheers:

i'll be bringing my (hopefully ported by then) 026 PRO, MS 261, 10mm 044, and my 660 which i hope to have running by then. my son will be bringing his Shindaiwa 377 also. he's 15 and loves saws and anything to do with firewood. he may have another saw by then and my wife Jenn may have one as well.

stop watch? i may be able to bring one. and i'd love to run your 066. heck i'd love to buy your 066 but alas, i have not the funds i fear. LOL

Latest posts

Back