chain saw specs current models.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i hate to have to send anyone to disney world . but theres a post in tools called
[ buying a new chainsaw ] in the replies theres a chainsaw spec sheet that i thot some mite like to have. sorry for not being able to post the link here . my
puter illiteracy is beginning to bug me.
gonna pay my wife to spend a few hrs with me on this stuff someday. i think she kinda likes the idea of me being computer dumb.gives her a chance to get me back for all the times ive given her that look. about the car or anything mechanical.:D :) what goes around ,comes around.

Very concise chart on SAWS

I never heard of a ZENOAH saw.
What country is it made in?
Is this the brand made in Italy?

Don

Zenoah is famous for it's small "weedwacker" engines that are widely used in R/C planes and boats. Their most popular sizes are in the 25-35 CC range. I wasn't aware that they made chainsaws, however.

yeah, most of the older saws seemed to run on a richer mix. why:confused:

I dunno, but I wasted a lot of time looking for it on the net this a.m.

Haven't seen a sign, yet. Japanese parent Kioritz makes some BIG stuff, though....

http://www.power-equipment.com.a u/html/productspecs_chainsaws.pdf
well ill be dang. thank u eywolf.
i guess i got it rite. now to file that info in my ole steel trap ,so i can remember next time. that is a first:) :) thanks again bud
ps i also noticed that some of the rpms are max and some are max torque.

The Zen saws....Japanese..... were also marketed here under the name Green Machine...famous for their string-trimmers..however as you probably know...Deere John owns the rights to the Name now..and dont us it for anything else that stringtrimmers..which they are discontinuing also. I believe you might have the Best luck looking for parts thru the old Green Machine dealer network, as they were the most prolific, before the Law suit between Green Machine..(then owned by FMC..not ford...but a califorinia based company) and RedMAX...which IS owned by Zenoah. The lawsuit basically revolved around an Exclusive contract that Green Machine owned for the Zenoah products, that was violated by Zenoah when they decided to market here under the RedMax label. My Old friend Ron Wolfe, the National salesmanager for Green MAchine told me that FMC brought forth the suit..but could not out-spend Komatsu-Zenoah and basically the attourny fees broke them.

it worked first time . but went to coment on it and something changed.
if i hada chain saw that that pulled this kinda stuff . it be givin to my favorite inlaw as a gift.:D that way hed know what i really think ofim. my wife knows ,not to let me alone withim . brassy big talking ,pure unadulterated dumbness..
sorry ill stay on topic.:)

HI Dagger. I ain't doubting you, but it seems a little silly on KOmatsu's part to destroy a relationship with an American partner (FMC), for what hasn't turned out to be a very big market for them. Does Redmax have any more market presence than Greenie ever did?

I imagine FMC sued for certain over violated contracts, but I doubt they ran out of cash. Greenie was never worth that much to them, so they probably said "forget it", as they could better invest that money elsewhere.

FMC is a multinational corporation, originally headquarted in The twin cities of Mn. FMC, or Food Machinery Corp did quite well with government contracts during the second world war and was well-positioned to take advantage of the postwar depreesion, snatching up failing concerns for literally nothing. I doubt if they even consider the original mission, food products manufacturing equipment an important part of their corporation.

Remember John L's Bolens saw pic's a few months ago? That, too, was an FMC product.

Latest posts

Back