Why Are Saws So Addicting?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep this is a great thread! I loved working on cars at one time. That time has passed. :laugh:

I can afford it anymore anyway. :cry:

Drag racing, dirt bikes, four wheelers..........I've played with them all. Chainsaws are even more addictive than any of those to me. I really enjoy being able to take an old saw that someone has given up on, making it live again, then felling a tree with it!

I too love getting a saw that doesnot run and getting it going. what I really enjoy is the info. that is on this site and the unselfisnessof its members. When I started on this site I hade three saws now I have 35 runners 75% of them were none runners that needed less than $20.00 parts. unfortunately they are now all keepers. I have 10 saws that still need work. Main problem is lack of time to work on them.

I am wondering if the oil manufacturers aren't putting weed in the two stroke oil, that would explain the head rush and why I end up buying another saw shortly after cutting........ I don't even have a real need for wood, I can heat my house with electric and the bill never goes over 175, but yet I keep buying more saws.

Do you live in a 400 sq. ft. house??? If I dared to heat my house with electricity. I would be looking a $1500 plus monthly bill. I do not have harsh winters as the mid-west or north-east! But it still gets into the sub-zeros at night and high teens during the day. At the current cost of propane, to heat my house would cost me about $5500 to $6000 for the fall to spring heating season(oct - mar)! And I've got a tight & well insulated house with high end pella super insulated windows.

Mike

You ain't lyin!! My SDG&E BIll was 330.00 this month alone, and I don't have A/C. My buddy was shaggin ass in my hottub once and left my naty gas heater on for 3 weeks that was well over a grand. I only have a fireplace for heat. Yes it gets cold in SanDiego , it's not always in the 70's and sunny, although close. I burn quite a bit of wood. Which may or may not explain why I find so many good saws here, alot of people don't know what they have I think. Got 2 288's last year and an 084. almost an 090 too but missed it. Oh well keeps money flowing to support other hobbies like r/c cars. they also make good saw stands.
attachment.php

You ain't lyin!! My SDG&E BIll was 330.00 this month alone, and I don't have A/C. My buddy was shaggin ass in my hottub once and left my naty gas heater on for 3 weeks that was well over a grand. I only have a fireplace for heat. Yes it gets cold in SanDiego , it's not always in the 70's and sunny, although close. I burn quite a bit of wood. Which may or may not explain why I find so many good saws here, alot of people don't know what they have I think. Got 2 288's last year and an 084. almost an 090 too but missed it. Oh well keeps money flowing to support other hobbies like r/c cars. they also make good saw stands.
attachment.php

Good old SDG&E, I hated them! I don't have a/c, but run swamp coolers(evaporative coolers) and are local electric company gouges us for usage over what "they" think we should use during the nice sunny and HOT summer months! I use a 90,000 btu stove to heat my 4000 sq. ft house. I keep nice and warm @ 72-75 degrees during wood buring season. I remember nights in san diego getting into the high 30's during dec to feb. Soon as march would hit, it would start getting warm again!

Todays the high here in sandia park nm will be 69 and low of 45 with rain. Nice pre-fall weather!

:cheers:

Mike

Yes it does and alot of days in the winter don't get much about 50, which aint bad but still not warm. SDG&E does the same thing , they do it with water too. Oh well as is life I guess.

Cause they make cool sounds... :D

For example, the old Macs and similar old saws sound a lot like muscle cars from back then, while the new Huskys sound a lot like modern European or Japanese tuner cars...

Big Old McCulloch is like one of these... [video=youtube;oFrbd2ZUSo8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFrbd2ZUSo8&feature=related[/video]

New Husky is like one of these... [video=youtube;lB2qsj4Tzm0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB2qsj4Tzm0[/video]

Both are plenty cool... :cheers:

I too love getting a saw that doesnot run and getting it going. what I really enjoy is the info. that is on this site and the unselfisnessof its members. When I started on this site I hade three saws now I have 35 runners 75% of them were none runners that needed less than $20.00 parts. unfortunately they are now all keepers. I have 10 saws that still need work. Main problem is lack of time to work on them.

Amen and pass the mustard. I had about 4-5 and would have had at least 35, now, if I wasn't making so much on selling the less wanted models. '"Many" others on here have been doing the same, in bigger numbers, and for much longer than I. :rock:

Might slow a bit if I get back to Dirt Rails and Jeeps though. :msp_biggrin: Some BAD A$$ Toys there, too, in the day!

Latest posts

Back