"Chain saws" & Tornadoes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike mandry

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well guys & gals,

I just had a Tornado pass right over me early this evening & I do mean right over.

I was outside at a boy scout outing. happend to be about 300 yards away from my house at the county picnic area.

It was pretty wicked looking out to begin with.

Kept an eye on the sky & here comes a low lying swirling funnel cloud.

Next came the roar & I literally watched the trees get flattened & pushed down less than 250 yards away.

Next we saw the debris swirling in the air & ran like hell to shelter which was about 50 yards away.

All I can say is wow, that was too close.

thankfully everyone is OK. no major damage, just a lot of trees down.

Been cutting all night.........

Mike

Left the dang camera at home.

It happened so quick I wouldnt have had time to get any.

Scared the he!! out of my 7 year old son though.

It was a little one, that was just starting, but more than enough for me.

I sure wont forget it for a while.

i know its not a real tornado. but i just came thru st louis driving an rented 26 fotter.
man if u dont know exactly how to place yourself in the rite lane for your exit. it will make u feel like u in a tornado. i didnt know the city consisted of many many small towns. at least thats what it looked like to me.
in any case bud ,glad no one was hurt. keep sawing ,thats what u really wanted to do any way. at least i would. i get to show my saws off in those situations.. they ugly so they think they are junk. then quietly they will put their saws up and tart pulling debris. sorry for bragging.

Back