Chain sharpening pro tips.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I want impress someone with a Sharp chain
I will push one pass with file and guide then run it
Cbn’s levees a good finish but a file is better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree totally with your statement. Do you get burrs with your cbn’s? I get a burr on the top plate, I mean it’s not bad and you could peel it off with a fingernail, or leave it and one cut through a round and it’s gone, but it’s not visually appealing at all

Anything that anyone see wrong or has any suggestions please speak out, I’m here to learn and as you can see by fingers, I’m not thin skinned:)

Was it 60 or 55?

See the ridge on the side plate, right below the top plate? That was the first pass. Then I take a second pass away from the cutter to clean up the gullet

f583d5ee38a2d6e75df1b0703d0ae0f1.jpg

I like a little more hook so when I file in the field my file only contacts the top third of the cutter it dresses up a lot faster

Is this cutter ground 35/55 with one pass deep into the gullet so the flat side of the wheel is riding on the top plate?

I’ve applied a lot of what I learned here into my sharpening and now my consistency is way up. Also getting better life out of the sharpenings it seems also.

Why so many CBN wheels?
I mean I got extras too......just wondering how you ended up with so many?
the guy was a contractor for the Vancouver parks board and he was given a big budget
for equipment .The cbn wheels were purchased from L&M sharpening out of Minnesota
Good guy to speak with

Back