chainsaw addiction is there a cure?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But it's REALLY GOOD :biggrinbounce2: duct tape...BTW, i like that little saw, it cuts the small stuff just fine, and doesn't fling it halfway 'cross the yard.

May be by tomorrow, got some new NW IPA's ready, just your style. BTW, in case there are any "Agents" on the list, i'm GIVING you the beer. ;)

maybe i'll go make myself unpopular over in the woodboiler thread... :laugh:

geofore said:
If I have some of Dan's saws and Dave's saws and one of Ed's should I get a KD or two to test it against the others? I mean look what happened to Rich (rawtreelimbs) after we voted him Most Improved New Guy of the year a few years back. It went to his head and he now builds modded mufflers and uses a tach to set the high end RPMs of the saws and hides them from his wife by telling her he's just fixing (his) those newest saws for his friends.

Ahhh...........such kind words!!!

One discrepency though...........I use a tach only to make sure and record the RPM after the saw has been tuned in the cut!!!

Ruffian said:
But it's REALLY GOOD :biggrinbounce2: duct tape...BTW, i like that little saw, it cuts the small stuff just fine, and doesn't fling it halfway 'cross the yard.

May be by tomorrow, got some new NW IPA's ready, just your style. BTW, in case there are any "Agents" on the list, i'm GIVING you the beer. ;)

maybe i'll go make myself unpopular over in the woodboiler thread... :laugh:

After some reflection, I'm sensing a co-dependency at work... I "need" beer, you "need" saws that work... Hmmm....

The rest of you guys can back off.. The beers all mine! Great beer, even if the last batch was "a touch" hoppy... and it's close to 8%... thanks to the spell checker, I can appear sober at any time on AS :laugh:

I am so glad i found you guys!

Wow its great knowing there are others like me

current saws :)
homelite ZIP
husky 55 clasic
2 jonsered 520sp
2 homelite super xl

i want more

Hello, I am eric and I am a sawaholic

I came here less than a month ago.To research some modern saws.
I took advice offered and bought a new 6400 Dolmar with a 20 inch bar. Ordered a 24 inch bar from Amicks and six chains, three for the 20 and three for the 24. I have been reading the muffler mods for weeks.. Bit the bullet and made a double barrel for mine.
opened it up and removed the basket. and then welded the two pieces of 1/2 inch tubing to her. She really sounds sweet.It was running a little fat before the mod so I barely had to richen her up.
so now I own 3 saws..a dolmar 6400
An old 3.7 Craftsman
Jonsered 2036 limbing saw.,
Also own saw chaps now too. 65 bucks sure beats losing a leg of getting stitches.
Thanks alot. I think..

Really bad Jonsered addiction, this year I have ended up whit 4 of them. 2135T, 2152, 2159, 2171, and I don't think AS have any cure.

Yup.........da desease...... s l o w l y progresses over time.........You may have to go to da doctor for a cure
Psychiater.gif
I only have 2 now but dream about getting more :hmm3grin2orange: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

MAG58 said:
Really bad Jonsered addiction, this year I have ended up whit 4 of them. 2135T, 2152, 2159, 2171, and I don't think AS have any cure.
No Jonsered addiction here, because of the streight across handlebar.

Next to join SawTrolls small flock is probably a 372xpg (if Santa is cool :laugh: ), even though the 2171 look better......:blob2: :blob2:

Well I have been using Husqvarna for 15 years, 36,55, 232 RD, and full Husqvarna PPE and tools. Than I was looking for some new saw.....:D

SawWitch said:
No Jonsered addiction here, because of the straight across handlebar.
OK guys and (girl) now. What jonsered top handle will fit my husky 357xp? Which saw do I look at to find one? I dont care for the angled handles of the husky, I prefer the straight top handle.

Cut4fun said:
OK guys and (girl) now. What jonsered top handle will fit my husky 357xp? Which saw do I look at to find one? I dont care for the angled handles of the husky, I prefer the straight top handle.
As far as I know, none!
You will have to change out the tank assambly also, and that will create a "frankensaw" by the look of it....:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

SawTroll said:
As far as I know, none!
You will have to change out the tank assambly also, and that will create a "frankensaw" by the look of it....:jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Well peeeeee on that. Guess I will learn to luv it. Thanks troll, knew I could count on you for a look see.

MAG58 said:
Well I have been using Husqvarna for 15 years, 36,55, 232 RD, and full Husqvarna PPE and tools. Than I was looking for some new saw.....:D
For some odd reason, the Jred gloves are better than the others - and the Stihl Forestwear Comfort dresses just rock! .....:rockn: :rockn:

Jred and Husky also have dresses by Pro-Tech now, but they don't look as cool as the Stihl ones (which were first on the market)......:blob2: :blob2:

chainsaw addiction.. easy. wait til u shoulder joints go south on u.
then add a health scare, that dont seem beatable.but the doc aint always right.
u will think about things, other than saws.
but i still check in here once and a while ,so my saw addiction must be, just in remission.in any case it was fun as heck. really miss it some times.
sure glad to see u guys still having fun. ill check in on yall , from time to time. mabe a couple o weeks or so.
ps addiction to saws cant be all that bad if its so much fun.makes life better ,long as u not using bill money to buyum. later now

Back