Chainsaw burning too much oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U'r spandex is keeping the blood from getting to u'r brain. The oil tank is controlled by a screw which adjusts how much oil goes into the fuel mix. You prolly listened to that mastermind character and set the ratio to 32:1. Set the screw to the 50:1 mark, and the consumption will go way down.

I think I found your problem, your cutting a rubber tree root. Those damn things take a lot or earl to cut through. Mine smoke like that when I cut rubber tree too, and things like power cable and such. Try some of that there lucus earl, the real thick kind. That should do it.

If you are serious, check the check valve in the pressure line to the oil tank.
Too see if the engine is burning bar oil, take the chain off and empty the oil tank and run the saw. If it don't smoke it's probably the oil tank check valve. The oil pump normally don't require replacing the rings to reduce oil comsumption or smoke.

I that is a Poulan it's just keeping the zinka skeeters back. (and you are getting a dose of a saw that is for occasional use only per the owners manual)

Is that a rubber tree???

What is the make and model of the saw???

Add a turbo charger, they make oil change intervals twice as long and eliminate all burning oil issues.

That's a problem with a piece of kit that originates from the dark ages= total loss oiling system that's always been a problem with the bug***s they fling it all off the bar end & seize up instead of working like a proper motor.

Knew a guy once who had bought an old used 015 from a friend. Used it for a couple of years and then one day it seized. Saw mechanic asked him what ratio he mixed his gas. The saw owner just got a puzzled look on his face and said, "What are you talking about" The mechanic explained that the gas needs to have oil mixed in it. This guy had never mixed oil in his gas since he first got the saw...just poured lawnmower gas in it. Turns out the seal between the gas tank and oil tank was leaking....and he finally let it run out of chain oil...which seized the engine!!!

You should have the chainsaw ported, advance timing and only run superexpensive race fuel and oil.
If the problem persists, buy the most expensive Tsumura bar and Stihl chain you can find.
Noob. Everybody knows you need to run the most expensive SugiHara bar, and the Stihl chain is worthless unless it's filed square, to factory angles. You never even mentioned the HD2 filter, or the turtle wax. Try the search function, this has all been covered before.
:D

Latest posts

Back