Chainsaw burning too much oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Trx250r180 have you checked the spring clips on the rocker valve body? Spring gap between elecrode points will create a thermally dynamic atmosphere, resulting in viscosity loss.

You guys laugh, but I had a friend in high school, where I took my dad's Echo 440 chainsaw over to help him cut up a tree. He had his dad's Farm Boss or whatever homeowner-ish Stihl. I had been cutting with my dad for several years, and had helped him with firewood basically since I was old enough to run the splitter controls. My buddy's chain was sparking like crazy after a while, and I stopped him and said there's a problem, and that we should look at the oil. He said, I **** you not, "It's cool, I changed the oil before we started." I then explained to him that the engine oil was in the mix, and that the oil he put in was for the bar, and you fill the bar oil and the gas at the same time. Whoops.

Mike

My neighbor use to mix his gas with Jred bar oil. Never read the jug, he thought it was 2cycle oil. I refer to him as Numbnuts. My daughter wonders how he made it to 30 yrs without adult supervision.
He mowed the wellhead off to the ground 3 wks ago, landlord gave him a month s notice to move..

You mean the gas goes in the back tank?

Did you know that when you are hurrying to get done with cutting up a large oak into firewood......and you run out of gas.....and you grab the gas can real quick....,and fill up the oil tank on your hot MS260 saw with pre-mix.......that the gas will boil violently till the tank is empty!!!!

Did you know that when you are hurrying to get done with cutting up a large oak into firewood......and you run out of gas.....and you grab the gas can real quick....,and fill up the oil tank on your hot MS260 saw with pre-mix.......that the gas will boil violently till the tank is empty!!!!

Did you know that if you swing a Mini Mac counter clockwise by the starter rope, and smash it on your driveway, the little bits of magnesium will end up in your neighbors yard?

Latest posts

Back