Chainsaw burning too much oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are not going to believe this ,i repacked the muffler ,and the smoke is not coming out anymore .

Did you know that if you swing a Mini Mac counter clockwise by the starter rope, and smash it on your driveway, the little bits of magnesium will end up in your neighbors yard?

:laughing: Okay Jon my sides are hurting! My brain just keeps replaying the scene of that saw coming down on the pavement and grenading into a bazillion pieces! I've never done it....but sure have been tempted a few times!!!

Most new saw users don't realize that the muffler has to be filled with antifreeze/coolant every year or two. That's what the hole in the muffler is for, and the screen will filter out any impurities that may be in the antifreeze. Some idiots even remove the screen!!!....then what's going to hold the coolant in after you do that?! Sure the saw runs better short term without the screen, but sooner than later all the coolant is gone and the saw smokes like crazy. I personally won't even use most antifreeze brands that are commonly found in auto part stores, Stihl brand coolant is specially formulated for chainsaws....that's all I use in my saws.

Did you know that if you swing a Mini Mac counter clockwise by the starter rope, and smash it on your driveway, the little bits of magnesium will end up in your neighbors yard?
I very much doubt it my nearest neighbor lives a tad over 3 miles away & my drive is gravel :clap:

I just put an XP sticker on mine when it started smoking. Stopped smoking immediately. Even gained 4hp.

So that's what the "Magnum" sticker does on Stihls! I'm running out to buy 10 of those and 10 of the "Super" stickers. It'll be just like stickercharging my car! Thanks Dude!!!!!

Latest posts

Back