Chainsaw chaps and shorts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where is your photo? the one in chaps and shorts or any pic for that matter?

i been wonderin' bout you, the logger girl:)

btw, mine are a$$less chaps.:greenchainsaw:

Don't get excited. I'm fat and ugly and old. Although I do prefer the term, round or circumferentially challenged. Now, about your picture, I'm thinking the bikini top is not a good idea.

Shoulder pads are so 90's! Actually, I was wondering about taking them off of some old blazers and experimenting with sewing them in hickory shirts except then you'd all be looking a little top heavy. When I have had to pack the saw, and it seems to be for too long of distances, I have to switch shoulders cuz they get sore and tired so have the duck taped pad wrapped around the bar. Luckily this has only been a once or twice a year thing and has not happened this year yet.
Now, be sure to color coodinate your shoulder pads or use a neutral color. Matching the chaps color would be nice.:cheers:

Don't get excited. I'm fat and ugly and old. Although I do prefer the term, round or circumferentially challenged. Now, about your picture, I'm thinking the bikini top is not a good idea.

bikini top? i'd rather go topless!
how bout my chaps?:)
i aint buying the fat, ugly, old bit. post a (genuine) pic and let us see for ourselves just how attractive you really are.
i really do want to know what logger-ladies look like.:)

btw, i have posted pics of meself on AS. i am not fat or old but the ugly may apply.

Last edited:
Neither would I. I don't care if its 80 degrees out, I will not wear shorts. We have to many blackberries and nettles to even think about it.

80 degrees? That's fall/spring weather.

What about when it's 98 degrees and 86% humidity?

I hear ya on the stickery stuff tho.

80 degrees or 98 degrees 86% humidity?

no cut today. too hot. no chaps needed.

i only cut in cool to cold to really cold weather. i try to do nothing in hot weather, let alone cut/haul/split firewood!:dizzy:

As a crew supervisor I would never allow shorts. Chaps will help prevent chain injuries but that is not all that happens. Branches commonly get caught between my chaps and pants, branches, vines, chokers can rub across the back of your legs, if you have to dump your chaps to run from a fire you would have no protection. Rattlesnakes, rats, nettle, poison oak, barb wire are all out to get you and wearing pants will help out.

Plus if you show up at a bar wearing tall leather boots and shorts... well you figure it out. (Cue THE song.)

LOL...Oh yeah. Can't you just picture it? The crummy pulls up on the landing and six guys with hickory shirts, suspenders, saw pads, snoose cans, and lunch pails get out...and they're all wearing shorts.

I think I'd finally get to see a couple of side-rods go absolutely speechless.

And the only time anybody uses The Song is when the foresters show up...especially the summer help.

We have mild weather here, even compared to areas only 50 miles away.

I guess I get the good part of the other side of that coin.

I can count on two hands how many times I've ever been in snow.

I've been on a frozen lake once my whole life.

I have a 93 F-250 and a 94 Infiniti J30t with not even the slightest bit of rust on them.

I run summer tires year round on my cars.

My heavy coat gets worn once or twice a year.

But, man is it hot in the summer.

LOL...Oh yeah. Can't you just picture it? The crummy pulls up on the landing and six guys with hickory shirts, suspenders, saw pads, snoose cans, and lunch pails get out...and they're all wearing shorts.

I think I'd finally get to see a couple of side-rods go absolutely speechless.

And the only time anybody uses The Song is when the foresters show up...especially the summer help.

To which I begin singing let me see, there's a selection:

Five Dollar Fine For Whinin'

Here's a Quarter, Call Someone Who Cares

What Part of No Don't You Understand

Can't think of anymore at this time. I'd be speechless and songless if I saw a crew dressed, well, as previously discussed. I've seen some weird stuff too.
:cheers:

I guess I get the good part of the other side of that coin.

I can count on two hands how many times I've ever been in snow.

I've been on a frozen lake once my whole life.

I have a 93 F-250 and a 94 Infiniti J30t with not even the slightest bit of rust on them.

I run summer tires year round on my cars.

My heavy coat gets worn once or twice a year.

But, man is it hot in the summer.

All 8 months of summer. It was 90 degrees here today. I wear shorts and chaps all the time. By the end of the summer barbwire won't cut my legs.

All 8 months of summer. It was 90 degrees here today. I wear shorts and chaps all the time. By the end of the summer barbwire won't cut my legs.

LOL! About ten years ago I went on a late night call on a bum in an alley. We met up with PD and the RP who walked us in. The RP was a young transient, maybe 25yo, and barefoot. He walked the entire length of the alley which was covered in broken glass without a cut. PD actually asked to see his feet. The soles of this guys feet would have made Cody Lundin jealous, they were so toughed they looked mumified.

My son and I just gave a presentation about Philmont and we both stressed foot care as the number one issue. Blisters can ruin what should be the trip of a lifetime.

Back