Chainsaw Chaps/Pants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used powercare brand from Home Depot and they lasted me about 30 minutes before the exhaust from the saw melted the material. It’s was like a cheap plastic on the exterior that’s flammable.

I’ve since have moved onto the husky chaps and they have been holding up very well.
I have also had a pair of the Forster chaps and they were ok but I liked the husky better because of the durability and the extra length.

I primarily mill, and started with a pair of husky chaps, but melted some of the fibers when resting the saw on them too close to the exhaust. I then bought a pair of forester chaps to replace them. Now, I also have a pair of the husky technical pants, which I like when milling, but they were quite expensive.

I have a few pair . . .

First pair I bought were super protective Husqvarna, PRO, wrap chaps (older style), but they were heavy and hot in the summer, which sometimes made them a chore to wear.

Got a good deal on some Husqvarna ‘homeowner’ apron chaps, which were much lighter, and became my ‘just making a few cuts’ chaps.

Tried Labonville, due to comments here, but they never fit me right.

Used several different versions of STIHL USA chaps, and they fit me well, *** plus, they are the only brand of chaps I know of that you can machine wash and dry: a BIG plus!***

Was provided some Forester chaps for review, and would wear those. They are often an affordable option for many.

Also some Clogger chaps and pants. Beautiful and comfortable, but at a higher price point.

I have posted review threads on most of these.

Key thing is to buy something that you will wear. If it does not fit, or is hot, or gets tangled in stuff, etc., it will stay in the truck and not provide any protection.

If you don’t want to spend more $$ on your chaps than your saw, look at basic chaps that meet the ANSI/ASTM (or EU) standards. Sometimes available for only $50.

Philbert

SIP Innovation pants from Baileys. I wouldn't wear chaps 100% of the time due to their bulk, and these pants are great.

Latest posts

Back