chainsaw nicknames

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Chainsaw" if it's running properly.

"Stupid POS" if it's not.

My Stihl is called "The 028." All other saws are referred to as "junk" or alternatively "somebody else's saw that I am fixing up for them".

My ground crew refers to the 200t and 338xpt as "baby" saws: 200t is the baby in the tree, 338xp sleeps in the cradle most of the time. The 3120 is called Bertha, though I'm thinking of changing her name to Herniated Disk. All others referred to by numbers and use: 372bucket, 372ground, 350, etc.

395xp I say get me the little saw if any one is onlooking!

The modded 372 is call Stihl silencer, the 395 is called big boy and the 2101
is old faithful the 372 stocker is called just that and the Ms 200t is called
girlfriend by one of the above:laugh:

My 5100 is "Jeffery" (Jeffery Dolmar). The 395 is "the big saw". The 192T is the "climbing saw" and most of the others are just the model numbers.

my 088

"Mad Mary" :chainsaw:

the rest are just called by their numbers 192t, 460, 455 etc. Until they get a story... my wifes name is... well you guessed it!

Got a Tractor and a couple of rifles with "Names".

The saws for some reason, just ain't personable enough to gain one.

The 455 gets called "Heavy dang thing" by the wife every time she gets a wild hair and runs it, so it might be showing some personality.:dizzy:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

At work, we had an 088 with a 36" bar affectionately know as 'the widow-maker.' Unfortunately, since it's a landscape company, we only had one as the need for such a saw is not an everyday occurrence. The saw went out with one of the guys, and they decided to run it on straight gas. Then they took it apart in a vain attempt to fix it and only brought about 1/2 the parts back. It still hasn't been replaced. :cry:

Then, there's my personal saw: an MS310. I call it 'my chainsaw.' My ladyfriend calls it 'princess' because I treat like one. I think she's just jealous...

by numbers

my 020's such as 01, 69, r2d2 and c3p0 361's are named after highschool football numbers, Got an old 036 I bought while horse logging in Tennessee we call Tennessee Jed. :chainsawguy:
066 Mag,,,, simply 066

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back