chainsaw vs. bowsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's Cahoon on his pain meds!

Dennis- put the pain meds down and come back to earth! Get well soon. Bill Jr

Hey maggiesboy

If I could hear the bowsaws warming up I would make it to the grandstands in time. :D :D As it is, I`m usually too distracted by other stuff and forget all about them.

Let`s face it, Bowsaw is trying to get a laugh here. Maybe only for him?self, but hopefully for all of us. I know that his provocation of you brought me a good laugh when I read your comment about the "bowsaw races".

BTW, Mike Maas is obviously a big lug, LOL.

Russ

Last edited:
I got ya'll beat. :cool:

attachment.php

Let the Tree-hugger go back to eating schrooms. He's definately halusinating.

Lotsa trolls draggin' their sorry selves out of the woodwork today, eh?! I thought maybe we had us a bow bar aficionado with an oldie but goodie gear-drive. I guess my bad....

I got a bow say or two, a couple of little ones that stay with the camping stuff, and one mean mother with a resharpenable blade, says "Sverige" on the bow. Actually just a big hunk of pipe that holds a 5 foot strip of "M" tooth ribbon saw. Takes two guys to use, and it cuts pretty fast. No, it aint for sale...My great grandad's.

I'll stay with the chainsaw, thanks. I'm pretty big guy, but I'd need to be a lot bigger to get my work done with it. My Great-grandad and My Grandpa cut firewood in the winters to sell, with it. One widely chosen specie was Tamarac from the bogs...misery whip cut 'em off, side of double-bit axe busted all the little branches off, and bow say cut 'em to 8'. Wood was sold in 8 foot lengths...townies wouldn't pay extra for stove length firewood in them days.

Two men could get two sled-loads out of the bog with horses every day. Easy $6 a day for family with two teams. TRy it now, and you'd have the "wetland cops" on you like stink on Shmidt.

Blaster. Nah. I'm neither on one side of the bowsaw/chainsaw coin or the other. I just jumped in here to let Fresk know that many people here are tired of his negative, "my sh!t don't stink" attitude. Many of the Arborsite powers that be are sick of it too. Here's an insecure jerk who's only two purposes in life are to try and make people believe that he's better than he really is by stepping on others and furthering his self-promotion by becoming the number two and number three posters on this site at the same time. Such lifelong aspirations are truly something to be admired.

You're really going to have to do better than that Brian, but for many reasons I just don't think you're smart enough to elevate your lifestyle and attitude to even average levels. Why not do us all and yourself a favor and stop flapping your keyboard here for a couple of years and get a real job so you can afford another PP346. By then, you can log on and no one will even remember who you were.

Hit & Run

"I never did get the use of a chainsaw down pat"

That comment explains it all. Maybe this story helps understand why he hasn't gotten the use of a chainsaw down pat.

This guy goes into a shop to get a new bow saw as the old one is worn out. The clerk tell's him "we got in these new fangled chain saws a while back, all the men really like 'em" Well give me one an I'll try it too. He pay's & leaves. Comes back six weeks later and tells the clerk "sir that new fangled chain saw is slower'n molasses. It takes me two days to fell a tree where my bow saw only took a few hours." Well that's funny cause the other men say these new chain saws are fastern anything. Maybe your doing something wrong. The store clerk starts the saw's engine and the customer says "what's that noise???"

Why can't we all just get along! I'm sure there is enough room for chainsaws and bow saws around here....................whatever! Just fire em up an cut em down. Then if for some reason the gas can is empty or you forget what ratio of oil to use (it's 75:1 right?) the bow saw can be whipped out and the stroking can start.

Latest posts

Back