chainsaws survive - cars didnt make

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They said 4 tornados were spotted counties to our direct west. We didnt see any funnels, But barn pieces are being found a half mile away. One guy drove up the drive and said part of out barn roof is laying on a soccer field 1/2 mile away. Family is alive and well and still running on backup power. I was just joking about saws, I was just trying to see some humor in this crap. They will get a work out soon and earn thier living. Thanks all.

Wow, that sucks. I'm glad to hear your family is OK.

Looking at the pictures I figured it had to be a tornado, if not a fully devoped direct hit. There isn't enough debris in that picture to account for an entire barn.

After family and friends the most important things in life are: cars, barns, tractors and chainsaws. It could have been worse, you might have had a tractor in that barn.

How's the rest of your property, house etc.?

Sorry for your loss Cut, glad to hear no one was hurt.

Had one go down our road last summer (force 3), it hit our bush a veered away from the house into the woodlot, years of clean up ahead.

Nice iron BTW..........if I'm correct:

69 Camaro

65 Malibu

65 Chev...Impala or Biscayne??

Your good at your cars Paul. 69 camaro, 65 chevelle malibu convt, and if you seen the back of red car, you would have known right off it was a 66 impala convt. Now if it would only stop freaking raining, I could gather my saws and get to cutting some old wood from the 1880's( barn was dated, when new highway was coming through). and get 2 of my daily drivers free of barn debris. Pics of storm damaga saved to photobucket. Just in case we lose puter and camera http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v131/OHbluebird/Storm Damage/?start=all

The most important thing is everybody is ok....The cars can be fixed or replaced ..Chainsaws that's another deal there up there on the list right below your family..Just glad to see nobody was hurt or killed in your family...

Last edited:
Sorry

If your like me, building those cars in the first place was half the fun so look at all the fun you will be able to have now. Just trying to find the lighter side.

Dude, that does suck, glad it wasn't worse....y'all are ok, and the cars look like they can be saved.......
RD

The 66 Impala looks the same as a 65 from the front, my buddy still has his 65, 2 door , 327, 4 speed Biscayne that he bought new!
Wild pics Cut, any damage to the house, was the barn & contents insured??
Our house was completely covered with mud & leaves, nothin that a good power washing wouldn't fix. Didn't hit the shop either save for a few hundred dents in the siding from the flying debris. It took about 10 to 15 large trees surrounding the house, dozens in the woodlot.
Wind gusts up to 285 kms/hr, the houses, barns, cottages down the rd. weren't so lucky though.
Good luck with the clean up, hope the insurance a$$holes co-operate!
Paul

that camaro shot almost made me cry. hopefully it can be repaired to its original beauty once again. glad the saws lived through it, now they'll be getting their fill of sawdust.

04ultra said:
The most important thing is everybody is ok....The cars can be fixed or replaced ..Chainsaws that another deal there up there on the list right below your family..Just glad to see nobody was hurt or killed in your family...

Right on. Hurts to see those beauties banged up, but they aren't people.

Sorry to see the damage. I've rebuilt a few cars in the past also (Chevy Corvairs and VW beetles). Hurts to see all that blood sweat and tears under all that barn debris, but Ultra and Mark are right, in the end, they are things. That's maybe not much consolation, but just glad you and your family made it through safe and sound, they can't be replaced. Cars, tractors, chainsaws and barns however, can. That weather system is heading towards us right now as we speak (eastern PA) but hopefully we will just get a ton of rain out of it.

If you need help I will make a day trip on sunday and come down and help ya out of the mess we got fortunate and missed most of the bad bad stuff but did get a rocking and rolling here in sandusky county. My muscles and saws are at your disposal should you need a hand lifting and cutting for fun.

Seeing is believing. But man is that real? I never thought that in those pics of rumble after mother natures wrath there could be such nice cars. All the best to you, Cut4.

woodshop said:
Sorry to see the damage. I've rebuilt a few cars in the past also (Chevy Corvairs and VW beetles).

Oh, please! You dare to mention THOSE when we are mourning the loss of some of the best of the muscle car era? Have you no shame?

:D

BlueRidgeMark said:
Oh, please! You dare to mention THOSE when we are mourning the loss of some of the best of the muscle car era? Have you no shame?
:) ...you're absolutely correct... my dream car in high school was a green 69 Camaro, but back then they were about $4k all dressed up and I was cutting lawns for $2 a pop. Do the math :confused: Settled for a $300 64 Corvair I eventually cleaned up pretty well. Not EVEN in the same league as those beauties under those barn beams though, I agree.

Awful nice of upandcommer to volunteer to ride down and help cut4fun out. If I wasn't a days ride away, I'd do the same.

BlueRidgeMark said:

Cut. are they really totaled? Roof damage is a tough nut especially when your talking about classics but how bad is it? They look, from here, like they would like you take barn off their heads so they can go out for a ride.
I had a Corvair. The woods car. We beat that car like no other car ever got beat. When that thing stopped running we beat with sticks till it was nothing but a shell. But it was fun. My first paid for car was a 59 bettle. My friends brohter, fresh out of Vietnam, was unloading a 911 engine out of a dune buggy he bought. I put it in my VW. That car had some muscle. It was hot looking too, with this flamey kind of stripe job on it. Oh, to be young again. Just kiding about being young, not really wanting to go back.
Cut you let us know what the diagnose on those beauties is going to be.

upandcommer said:
If you need help I will make a day trip on sunday and come down and help ya out of the mess we got fortunate and missed most of the bad bad stuff but did get a rocking and rolling here in sandusky county. My muscles and saws are at your disposal should you need a hand lifting and cutting for fun.
Thanks for the offer. Just spend your time with your family sunday instead. Thats what my family is doing, my son plays baseball and has a double header sunday. So we can get away from the mess.
Still waiting on insurance ajusters to show up. One for the old cars is from IA and then house and barn is local. The camaro is pushed to the ground now and need some heavy eq to lift them monster 40-70 foot (oak looking ) beams off. Totaled, I dont know. Even if they are. I am going to buy them back and someday start the fix again. I know what they are mechanicley (like new). I have owed the 65 since 81, the 69 since 88 and 66 since 05 ( but my moms uncle bought the car new) so was just starting the restore to keep it in family after he died of cancer. Upandcommer, enjoy family sunday and thanks anyway.

Latest posts

Back