Change in Carlton Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well the stihl dealer has a set price in either stihl chain or oregon 25$ for a loop 16''-20'' BUT 20''- ?? it gets nutty.
i know the 10''-16'' loops are 20$ i like stihl chain but at that price i will buy carlton.

I guess the bottom line isn't whether we use A1, LP or RS, it's all about how good we are with a file.
Some filers are good at making a good sharp cutter but don't pay enough attention to the gullet.
When I file my last stroke is from the cutter along the gullet to the back of the raker. That way the gullet looks after itself.

Hey, not like everyone did not copycat the CHAINSAW from Stihl in the first place!

Mike, you'd better check up on the history there. Dolmar was selling portable gasoline 2-man chainsaws before Stihl, and both Andreas and Emil Lerp (Dolmar founder) were agents for Erco/Rinco in 1925 before developing their own product. There were other chainsaws before- check out Ransome, Sector, Wolf, Rinco/Erco & others.

So to allege that Stihl is The Creator is nonsense, though they would like us to believe that. Stihl and others just stand on the shoulders of those who came before. Nothing to get "religious" about.

They had the patent, which we waived for the war.

If they have had the patent for all this time you think by now they would have made a decent chainsaw by now wouldn't you?

To heck with there overpriced chains as well. I bought 2 16" .063 semi chisel chains just last week. My ass still hurts from that.

UR not supposed to sit on them when U run them.

Dont be ignorant, you think $33.30 is a good deal for a 18" semi chisel RMC3 safety chain and that chain is worth it?

Only Stihl would think to put a .063 gauge 74 dl chain on a 50cc MS260 just so the owner cant go just anywhere to get a chain for there saw. Thats right, go to the Stihl dealer and bend over.

Geez...they should hand out some lube at the door of that place. A few weeks ago i bought a 16" STEAL chain it was $17 or $18

Dont be ignorant, you think $33.30 is a good deal for a 18" semi chisel RMC3 safety chain and that chain is worth it?

Only Stihl would think to put a .063 gauge 74 dl chain on a 50cc MS260 just so the owner cant go just anywhere to get a chain for there saw. Thats right, go to the Stihl dealer and bend over.
Your so right and Stihl so sucks. My friend went to a dealer to get an oil cap for his 038m, they told him nla and that he had to buy a new saw. Husky pulls this kinda **** too. They seem to love the guy that just fell off the turnip cart. Its all known as free enterprise.

Latest posts

Back