charity auction for fallen loggers family.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlandrum

dealer,saw builder
Reaction score
it has been almost a month ago i recieved a message that i had lost a friend and customer in a logging accident. with respect to the families and the employers wishes i cant mention his name. there is an ongoing osha investigation and workers comp claim so we dont want to cause any waves. after the accident the widow asked the employer to get rid of all the mans logging stuff and he is doing that part. i had this saw sitting in line to be ported and ,well, im still going to port it for him. under very different circumstances than before,but im still doing this last port job for him. i am donating my work and going to sell the saw as per the family wishes to the highest bidder. the young man that died has friends and coworkers on this forum so i thought it was only fitting to sell it here. the saw is a brand new never fueld west coast 660r with the 3/4 wrap handlebar and wide discharge clutch cover ,duel port muffler and it has the max flow filter set up on it too. this saw will be milled and ported for work. it will have the combustion chamber cut ,cylinder base lowered and portwork done. i just wanted to get the thread started so that folks could start saving up for the auction. it will be a few weeks before the saw is done,so you have time to make arrangements to bid.

20140903_155925.jpg 20140903_155942.jpg 20140903_155933.jpg 20140903_155953.jpg

i guess setting it up as a donation style raffle would make it easier for anyone to contribute instead of auctioning such a high end piece. give me a couple of days to get it set up and let the family know whats going on with it.

No Sir.

You put this together; an Auction sounds Pretty Amazing.

Is it possible to set up a donation in conjunction to this Auction?

God dam . sorry to hear about your loss. It makes me wonder why I still make it to the bush some days

Hate to hear about this. To be honest there isn't a way I could win an auction for what the saw is worth, but a raffle allows others to chip in smaller amounts. I will gladly pay for Sling'r to throw in a second chain. Gotta have that back up.

Shea

Just a thought, but if it was finished it would show really well at the GTG and get some interest and hype.

Latest posts

Back