charity auction for fallen loggers family.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have had 2 family members die in the logging bussines and way too many friends and aquatences

My older coworker had lost his brother in 1981. I find it hard to believe he continued to do this job after that.

I could send you my shipping address so you could get the shipping label ready.:p:D:clap:

If there is anyone that does not want to use their credit card for various reasons (wifey) it is easy enough to by a gift card, master card, visa, American Express at most drug stores and they work the same as a credit card. I am a blue collar working man in a dangerous profession and have seen my fair share of tragedies and it takes a very long time for families to see financial compensation, so stuff like this is very helpful.

i was told by his employer it would be up more if not more than 6 months before osha made a decision of whether or not he was doing something wrong or improper before workers comp will ever make a decision on anything.

i was told by his employer it would be up more if not more than 6 months before osha made a decision of whether or not he was doing something wrong or improper before workers comp will ever make a decision on anything.

It's a shame. I suppose "osha" is something like our "inspection du travail" (work inspection). These people don't even know what working is.

Edit: this topic should be in the stickies, no?

Are you suggesting that if OSHA determines that he wasn't working safely there might not be any benefits paid? As much as I hate our Workers Compensation Board (WCB) they always pay some benefits almost immediately. If the investigation finds that the worker was unsafe or the employer didn't provide a safe work environment that is a different matter to be settled later in a court of law but in the meantime the family is usually at least receiving an amount equal to the lost wages of the worker.

i think the workers comp laws may vary from state to state as far as the rewarding of funds before any investigations are complete. my auntdidnt get enough from workers comp to pay the funeral expensisess when my uncle died. they said he didnt have any years of service left in him since he was still cutting timber at 71. he cut as much as anyone on the crew did and done it in less time. he was a tree killing machine right up to the very end.

i was told by his employer it would be up more than 6 months before osha made a decision of whether or not he was doing something wrong or improper before workers comp will ever make a decision on anything.

It never ceases to amaze me the greed that has gripped this country. Just had a coworker get rear ended by a fellow while he was working aloft in his bucket. The gentleman ran through his work area and slammed him at 40 mph. Moved the rig 20ft. My coworker was cleared to return to work by the workers comp two days after breaking four ribs, shoulder, wrist and going into defib.

Just sickening.

It never ceases to amaze me the greed that has gripped this country. Just had a coworker get rear ended by a fellow while he was working aloft in his bucket. The gentleman ran through his work area and slammed him at 40 mph. Moved the rig 20ft. My coworker was cleared to return to work by the workers comp two days after breaking four ribs, shoulder, wrist and going into defib.

Just sickening.

It's not only your country, even here in France it's turning wrong. The insurance will search a reason to refuse to pay at each accident.

And honestly, you can always find one little thing that isn't exactly like it should be in the woods. Like we say here, if you want to do all the things asked by insurances, you can't work.

Latest posts

Back