Charity Cuts - Upcoming

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oliver1655

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
There are several groups which have charity cuts to assist in providing firewood to those in need through out the year. Many like myself would be willing to participate for a day at a time if we are made aware of them. I would like this thread to focus on spreading information on time, place, & point of contacts. This is not for a specific region. Some members will be happy to travel a ways to help others & have time visiting & sharing knowledge with others.

So if you hear on any, please pass the information on so others can participate. I know I want to know of the ones in my area.

This group has one planned for Saturday, May 17th, 2014 near Waukee, Iowa.
Here is a thread about it: http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/charity-cut-waukee-iowa.252536/

Holy Cow! Holy Cow! HOLY COW! Charity Cut 4 is going to be April 5th just south of Mansfield Mo. (Around 30 miles East of Springfield, MO on highway 60). The land owner has been having a logging operation here since last September. He wasn't kidding when he said they have cut between 7000-10000 trees out of this place. And they haven't even made a dent in it yet.
So, here is the plan of action. The wood is easy to get to, drive right up to the vast majority. We are going to concentrate on just cutting, splitting and stacking right now. The idea is to get a MONSTER pile of wood, then about July we are going to pull an 18 wheeler in there and load it. Actually, we want to get enough processed to load several 18 wheelers. I'm going to take a couple of vacation days the Thursday and Friday before the 5th and camp there to get things ready and stay Saturday night too.
Charity Cut 5 will be on May 3rd. Same plan of action.
Right now trailers are not needed, nor UTV's.
Oliver1655, this will be a great place to use your log bucking trailer. We have use of the landowners Kubota tractor 4wheel drive with forks on the front to load logs with.
If you guy's are game, we'll make this a two day affair. There is a spot with electricity and water available, so hot coffee is not out of the question.
So, that's the general plan. What we are looking at is getting a jump start on next years wood supply.
The down side is, with the ground wet things are on the sloppy side, so its pretty much 4 wheel drive getting up to the wood, which is the last leg of driving back to the wood. The good side is 90% of the drive back to the wood is gravel road or on the level dirt road.
Just list here if you want to come and I'll pm directions. Looks like we will be at this place for a few years.
Again, thanks for all the help, guys.
Steve (Workshop)

For updates, follow this thread: http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/oklahoma-ar-mo-ks-tx-gtg.158438/page-1207#post-4732481

Latest posts

Back