Charity cutting for Interfaith Caregivers-- April 17 2010

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting that Boyd. How is Denny doing on that log pile we left for him. I hope there hasn't been any theft of the wood.

Beefie

I know he's gotten a few loads out. I think he had planned on having some of the people who could pick the wood up at the landing do that too. As far as I know none of it has fallen into enemy hands! Steve from across the road has been keeping an eye on it for him.

Hopefully in the fall we can GTG again for this great cause! After a killing frost does in all the bugs it is much more enjoyable up there!:cheers:

I'm in! Lake trout season here finishes up the end of September, with all of October yawning ahead of me before deer season, and all my wood is already cut for this coming winter, so no woodcutting needed here at the homestead. Saws are gonna be hungry! Gotta dip those ported MS460 and MS660 saws in some fat oak. Somebody has to keep the Dolmar pukes honest! :D :D :D

I'm in! Lake trout season here finishes up the end of September, with all of October yawning ahead of me before deer season, and all my wood is already cut for this coming winter, so no woodcutting needed here at the homestead. Saws are gonna be hungry! Gotta dip those ported MS460 and MS660 saws in some fat oak. Somebody has to keep the Dolmar pukes honest! :D :D :D

Sounds like racing words but seriously we need to do something before fall

Bump

Made a trip to the ONE SHOT this weekend to check out Denny's progress on the woodpile. IT WAS ALL GONE!!! Talked to his wife and she said they split and hauled it all away earlier in the summer. She also said the project at hand now is to get the wood to the people who need it. She also said they have enough grant and donation money (including the raffle saw monies) to purchase 3 more semi loads of logs! Hopefully we can get a few guys together and finish up what was left at the ONE SHOT after the skidsteer took a dump and get a crew to Denny's when he has room for us!!!:clap:

Thanks for the update WGP. From what I remember it was a very good sized pile so I'm sure he had a fair amount of time into it just splitting it all.

Lemme know when - hope my schedule settles down pretty soon. I'm pretty well booked thru September, but will try to get a weekend open whenever it's on.

WGP - the anniversary gift 420 you sold to my buddy a couple weeks ago went over well, though I fear it's gonna get the patented slowp glitter and barbie stickers treatment. They'll be coming over to help cut when I get rolling and I'll get pix then.

Maybe they'll come with up for some charity cutting as well.

Latest posts

Back