Cheated death today....just got lucky is the only reason I am still here.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only takes one time to make a baby too, which is also a life altering event, but I'd bet the majority of you have never turned celibate! :laugh:

Ya know, now that I think about it, you're probably right.
I think you and oldtimer should just keep on doing what you've always done.
It's just a natural process in the order of things.

Andy

You should also be aware;

I pulled the tags off my mattress...

I drive my truck with no seat belt...

I stole a candy bar when I was 8...

I had premarital sexual intercourse with my wife when she was just a girl I knew..

I worked on my car without first disconnecting the negative battery cable..

I drank alcohol before the age of 18..

And this one time, at band camp, I helped a girl with a flute problem.

You should also be aware;

I pulled the tags off my mattress...

I drive my truck with no seat belt...

I stole a candy bar when I was 8...

I had premarital sexual intercourse with my wife when she was just a girl I knew..

I worked on my car without first disconnecting the negative battery cable..

I drank alcohol before the age of 18..

And this one time, at band camp, I helped a girl with a flute problem.

You're a baaad man. :laugh:

Andy

Only takes one time to make a baby too, which is also a life altering event, but I'd bet the majority of you have never turned celibate! :laugh:

havin a child wont kill you. well at least not right away.:msp_wink:

I came pretty close to getting flattened tonight. Still not sure what really happened.

Went for a ride to grab a hotdog and was approaching some lights when an ambulance came flying through. I slowed down to not much more than running pace to see if anything more was coming. Can't remember if the light was red or had turned green but a car tried to turn through the intersection and another T boned it at about 50 or 60. Everything kind of slowed right down there, and I saw the airbags explode in both, the T boned car pretty much disintegrated and the other one started doing flat 360's right across the road straight for me. Before i could decide whether to dump the bike or what, he went flying right past, up the sidewalk and smashed into a bus stop.

Nobody hurt, but I had to be removed from my bikes seat with a 6' crow bar. I'm pretty sure the ambulance was the cause of the accident. Amazed that nobody was hurt. Both cars were completely destroyed.

Shaun

you tryin' to be funny?
I dunno. You tryin' to be smart?

Ya know, now that I think about it, you're probably right.
I think you and oldtimer should just keep on doing what you've always done.
It's just a natural process in the order of things.

Andy
He didn't get the nickname 'oldtimer' by dying young. And I'M not the one poking wires with sticks. I figure there must be some trick to it that I don't know. So when I see an old guy do it it stands to reason that he's the one that knows the trick!

... Can't remember if the light was red or had turned green but a car tried to turn through the intersection and another T boned it at about 50 or 60. Everything kind of slowed right down there, and I saw the airbags explode in both, the T boned car pretty much disintegrated and the other one started doing flat 360's right across the road straight for me. Before i could decide whether to dump the bike or what, he went flying right past, up the sidewalk and smashed into a bus stop.
And yet, knowing the inherent dangers of operating a bike, and knowing you could easily be killed at someone else's hands, you continue to ride. Is this all that much different from what oldtimer does?

And yet, knowing the inherent dangers of operating a bike, and knowing you could easily be killed at someone else's hands, you continue to ride. Is this all that much different from what oldtimer does?

Is there a difference between walking on the sidewalk or in the middle of the street?

Last edited:
He didn't get the nickname 'oldtimer' by dying young. And I'M not the one poking wires with sticks. I figure there must be some trick to it that I don't know. So when I see an old guy do it it stands to reason that he's the one that knows the trick!

He gave himself the name Oldtimer. It's not a guarantee of anything, especially smarts. He's living proof of that.

I'm an oldtimer, too. I'm probably older than Oldtimer. :msp_biggrin:
One thing I've learned from a lifetime of working in the woods and seeing people get crippled and killed is that there are some things you just don't do. It's a long list.

You poke that tiger with a stick often enough, you'll get bit.

You kiddies can go back to your arguing now. :msp_wink:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back