Check out the OUTLAW!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fit and finish of these looks decent - some of the plastic parts on my dad's MS 250 were horrid compared to what I saw when I looked at one of these. They are clearly a step up compared to the Earthquake units as well, as I did not see any drooping fins or near as much casting/molding flash. The Ryobi RY3716 I looked at at HD was the same. It's clear to me they've made a step improvement in QC and will be pushing the low end very hard.

It's going to be a blood bath in the low priced saw market, and since the emission regs are not tough enough and anyone can meet them with a cat there will be no way for the big names to protect themselves. If they tightened the emissions limits a bit further then Husqvarna could put AT and strato on every cheap Poulan and meet them, but there is no benefit to doing so now.

These saws are available in 52cc (and larger) on eBay, both with and without cats/EPA cert, and there the weight becomes more acceptable.

i could be wrong but i think poulan will be autotune before long. i know briggs is in the process of making push mower efi. Subaru has already did the efi. good running unit. parts are not cheap, hard to come by and the program to read the efi was crazy expensive. know it off topic

Latest posts

Back