Chinese quality test??...lol

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok,, you guys tell me which one is faster

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/azhJnX6tg2c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/10aUUxoPl18" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You guys don't see the significance of this vid. That saw ran for 2:30 minutes, three times longer then the total runtime of my Chinese Homelite UT10522. Obviously great advances have been made.

I put two hours on this saw yesterday and it hasn't blown up yet and pumps out ample oil. One issue is the rubber antivibe buffers. They are obviously harder than OEM ones and it gave my fingers a good workout.
I also had issues with the starter pawls engaging the flywheel when starting but fixed that quite easily. My Stihl BG86 blower had the exact same issues.
As far as power goes you guys would be surprised - it is right there with any stock 066/660 I've ever run. It has bulk torque too and was EASILY running a 25" bar buried with A3LM full chisel Carlton in some very hard, dead Aussie hardwood logs I have here. That extra muffler port certainly gets the exhaust gasses out and flows very very well. These mufflers would be a good mod on a stock, single port saw I reckon.
I'm certainly not trying to promote this saw in any way, it's just that it is a lot better than many of you would think.
The Chinese are getting better, no doubt about it...

I think if they would have turned the chain around and put some oil in tank, it may have met some of the EPA requirements at least.:chainsaw:

They may very well have had the chain on backwards but the smoke was from the dodgey Chinese hard nosed bar (you can see the burnt tip in some of the video still images above) and the fact that Chinese chain is notorious for not oiling well. Chinese chain and hard nosed bars do not mix, even worse when it's a Chinese hard nosed bar. They are shockers...

Back