Chinese Saw no throttle lock

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked out the Supmix 6200 amazon listing.

About this item​

• 【62CC engine with more powerful power and speed】Our gas chainsaw uses the latest 62CC power full-crank two-stroke cycle engine, provides greater power and less vibration, with a 20-inch bar and low-kickback chain that can quickly and easily cut the hardest wood, and not easy to drop the chain.
  • 【Reliable and safe quality】This electric chainsaw is designed with a safety switch to prevent accidental opening and the quick-stop chain brake helps to use it more safely. The chain saw, equipped with a high-quality chain and high-hardness bar, cutting speed, more durable, high wear resistance, and longer service life. Warm tips: please make sure that it fits the sprocket well and use a wrench to turn the chain as a try before starting the chainsaw.
  • 【Environmental protection system saves fuel consumption】The automatic oil can provide a stable and saving supply of chain and bar. While providing the highest cutting performance helps reduce fuel consumption by 20%. More environmentally.

For a pork low mein dinner i would have written them a good description blurb, but i guess time is money.
Sum Ting Wong! That's some stupid stuff right there! Doesn't make me want it, that's for sure!

It's a good idea but it still come down to cost. To get a battery saw that will do any serious cutting it has to be at least a 40v model and when you have to buy the charger and an extra battery, they can't compete with a refurbished clearance saw or even a cheap new clone from China.
Totally agree. It really only works out if they already have power tools or lawn tools that utilize the batteries meaning that they already have the battery and some kind of charger.

As far as 40v saws, if they are doing any serious cutting, I'd want at least a Stihl 261 or comparable and there isn't an electric saw that will touch that. I'm only talking about people who want a saw to clean up the occasional downed limb, or who only cut enough for an occasional campfire. Admittedly, I'm not up to speed much on batterie powered saws, but if that was all I really needed, I'd take a slow 20V saw that used the same batteries as my drill and 1/2" impact over a 2 stroke. It might be slow, but it would always be faster than having to take the saw to a shop to have the carb cleaned and/or rebuilt before I could use it. Ideally, I'd already have a 40V or 60V system that I used with a string trimmer, blower, hedge trimmer, and/or pole saw, but you're still looking at spending some big money for those electric saws.

Totally agree. It really only works out if they already have power tools or lawn tools that utilize the batteries meaning that they already have the battery and some kind of charger.

As far as 40v saws, if they are doing any serious cutting, I'd want at least a Stihl 261 or comparable and there isn't an electric saw that will touch that. I'm only talking about people who want a saw to clean up the occasional downed limb, or who only cut enough for an occasional campfire. Admittedly, I'm not up to speed much on batterie powered saws, but if that was all I really needed, I'd take a slow 20V saw that used the same batteries as my drill and 1/2" impact over a 2 stroke. It might be slow, but it would always be faster than having to take the saw to a shop to have the carb cleaned and/or rebuilt before I could use it. Ideally, I'd already have a 40V or 60V system that I used with a string trimmer, blower, hedge trimmer, and/or pole saw, but you're still looking at spending some big money for those electric saws.
Atlas battery saws from harbor freight can run north of 500 dollars for a couple batteries and the saw. Litheli 40 volt saws cost 150 with a battery on amazon. I have a lynxx 40 volt that is near identical to the litheli and it works well but the batteries NLA, the litheli batteries and the same just bigger.

Is this your attempt to find significance? It's not working. Please, go away and don't bother intelligent people.
Interesting. You must not be that intelligent then because you couldn't resolve my issue. Someone else did, and we all learned from it. That's the point here. Get a little bit smarter everyday.

The quality of the saw is not an excuse for your lack of knowledge. You bought it from Amazon, unless you live under a rock (on Pluto) you know about Amazon reviews. And yes, intentionally buying, just to have a non-return refund is stealing.
My saw, made in China, runs great. I know how to start it and mix the fuel. No manual necessary.
My other saws, used, made in US and Japan didnt come with manuals, mix ratios or customer support either.
I agree. This is my first chainsaw I don't know much. But when I buy something with instructions that ruin the saw. That's the seller's problem.

I agree. This is my first chainsaw I don't know much. But when I buy something with instructions that ruin the saw. That's the seller's problem.
You bought the saw then intentionally scammed the Amazon seller out of a refund. It's not always some big corporation behind those Amazon listings.

I hope your saw blows up.

You bought the saw then intentionally scammed the Amazon seller out of a refund. It's not always some big corporation behind those Amazon listings.

I hope your saw blows up.
Actually no. I bought a saw and it broke on the first day. I bought insurance policy on it and Amazon refunded me to buy another one.

Let me ask you this. If I sell you a tree, and I give advice that kills the tree, are you liable for being a dumbass?

Back