Choose my new saw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
like I said earlier most members on here have a multiple saw plan. Limbing, mid sized firewood saw and larger felling/bucking saw(just in case we run across the big stuff). If it were me I'd either get the 261 or 441. not much difference in weight or price of a 362 compared to a 441. Go big or go home.:D

I think you really can't go wrong here. A new 261 or 362 is a big step up. The pro saws run a lot better than the mid range saws. I like to use the right size tool for the job at hand. I always have the 261 and 441c in the truck when I head out to cut wood. I think the 261 is run more. I really only use the 441 for felling and cutting up the big logs over 8-10 inches. I don't think you need a 441 to buck up tops and smaller wood.

Sounds like you should just get the 362. The weight of the 441 is what deture's me from wanting one.

I also agree that a 241 might be a good idea down the road for the smaller stuff.

Just from reading the posts, it dont seem like you know what your gonna be really cutting down the road. At least the 362 isnt lacking a lot of power for big stuff and will never be underpowered when your cutting the small stuff.

Do you really see yourself using 2 different saws when you go out cutting???

No I don't really see myself useing 2 saws. 2 bars yes two saw does sound fun . Lurking through other forums tho is what has me twisted. A lot of guys with larger saws say they use their 346xp and 260/261 much more than their larger saws. 60cc seems to be an all around total package for a firewood cutting/selling person like myself. I called my friend and told him I will have a decision for him tommorow . Right now it's the 362c-m and 22 ton splitter and trading my saw in

He also said the 241c-m is junk? Don't know why but I have a serious want for a small 14-16" lightweight power house. A ported 241 just sounds fun ! Anyone know what they retail for?
Hell I could keep my 311 and pick up a 241c-m if it cuts close to a 261 unless 261 just smokes it ..... Twisted again . I will not dissapoint u guys haha there will be a new saw soon!!

I'm a mess and if I stay a member here I will have 20 saws this time next year........
I have figured it out ... I think but going to get 362cm now then a 241cm those you tube vids look like a blast running that little bastard! 40cc/60cc it is!

i stated with echo 452 vl,then bought new ms361,then bought 660 new,then sold 660,then got a 028,then 044 month ago..now i have the 361,o28 and 044.....with o44 the 361 and 028 dont get used unless o44 runs out fuel,saying no matter how big,small wood is i just like the 044...now i been on the fence myself to replace o28 with either new 441c or 261c,since o44 is pretty rough......what would have been better for me could have been 261 and 441.but for me the 361-60 cc,is real close to weight of 261-50 cc,with 361 having more power.i just like 60 plus cc saws better,tho i havent tried the 261c yet.lot guys like 50 and 70 cc saw,i kinda like 60 and 70plus cc plan...i also started with 16" bar on my echo and 361 for years,then moved to a 20" bar,and have found that for the most part 20" is best all around size for me from small to large trees.....if it were me and knew one saw was all i ever need the 362 would be the ticket,but if i knew i would need at least 2 saws,i would either have a 261c/362c and 441c with 20" on small saws and 25 on large saw...just my experience with c.a.d....good luck in your decision,let us know what you get!

The 241 is with in 50.00 of the 261. You can't go wrong with a pro Stihl. Run that 362 for 2 years and you could sell it and get a good chunk of change for it. You see beat up saws on craigslist for all the money lol.

IDK. Too bad he couldn't be convinced into a 550xp and a 441m-tronic... That would make a bad little firewood combo, especially as 441's can be built far meaner than 372xps (and I LOVE mine). I would trade my 261 for a 550xp in a minute. The power is awesome for it's size, but it's near the same weight as my 562xp... It is a fantastic firewood saw, but for a limbing saw I'd rather have the nimbleness and top-end of the 550xp. I see less of a difference between the 261/362 saws than the 550xp/562xp both from power and handling perspectives.

OP,
BUY the 362 (the 562 ported in the classifieds would be a hell of a deal) and be done with it. You'll have other toys later, effectively negating any need of balance or pre-planning. It's now a guarantee seeing as your on this site...

OP, just go and buy the 261 or 362... doesn't make much difference anymore.

Now that you're lurking around AS, soon enough you'll be buying more saws than you ever intended to.

I'm really liking what I have read/watched on that 241 it's making me debate keeping my 311 and snatching one up! 241 ported could be a mean little bastard . I even read some posts stating it's better than the 261? This could be the beginning of my 2 saw plan!

IDK. Too bad he couldn't be convinced into a 550xp and a 441m-tronic... That would make a bad little firewood combo, especially as 441's can be built far meaner than 372xps (and I LOVE mine). I would trade my 261 for a 550xp in a minute. The power is awesome for it's size, but it's near the same weight as my 562xp... It is a fantastic firewood saw, but for a limbing saw I'd rather have the nimbleness and top-end of the 550xp. I see less of a difference between the 261/362 saws than the 550xp/562xp both from power and handling perspectives.

OP,
BUY the 362 (the 562 ported in the classifieds would be a hell of a deal) and be done with it. You'll have other toys later, effectively negating any need of balance or pre-planning. It's now a guarantee seeing as your on this site...

I agree here..since im not a timber faller daily , the handling of a large saw doesnt mean much to me ..i like husqvarna/jonsered 50cc saws and the 441 c-m idea..handling of large saws isnt an issue bucking firewood..maybe the new autotune 70cc swedes will be impressive..if they are anything like their young siblings it will be an impressive saw

The 241 is with in 50.00 of the 261. You can't go wrong with a pro Stihl. Run that 362 for 2 years and you could sell it and get a good chunk of change for it. You see beat up saws on craigslist for all the money lol.

You very well can, if you pick a MS261 or 362, or any model with the "CQ" feature. ;)

Latest posts

Back