Chrysler Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lightened up his ID tag best I could and it looks to be model 50004

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...61e23f32bafb8453882570e1007995b9?OpenDocument

roottag-1.jpg

I know it is not a 820 that is why in Post #10 I asked him to get a better pic of the model tag so I could get the correct parts. It does appear to have a square head. I had the same saw here but it is gone now. I do not remember if it had a stepped crank or not.

Bill

Bill I thank you for your input i will get the numbers for you this weekend. I have this saw at my dads house. I'm only 16 so it may take a little time for me to get things in order for purchase but I will gladly order OE part for this saw. It happens to be the crown jewel of my collection and i want it all OE. I also need a new air filter and a fuel filter/line.(internal) I am also needing to put an external line on. All of this will come in due time. Thanks again Bill if i can i will get some better pictures of the saw so you can help me ID what it is and how much it may be worth. I would love to make it look original so i could impress the man who gave it to me. (NEEDS NEW DIAPHRAM IN CARB)

Bill if you need additional info PM me so i can reply faster. Oh ya and Bill :yourock:

Last edited:
I have nothing that is perfect NOS OEM for the saw. I deal in parts that I adapt.

Bill

i can handle that. Can you get me a coil? That and a diaphram are the two most important things that i need right now

My dad has a 10hp chrysler racing go kart engine from years ago. He had made a three wheeler and put that engine on it with a torque converter clutch. The 3 wheeler is long gone now but I think he still has the engine. The carb feeds directly into the crankcase. I always thought of making a saw with it but didnt have the time. He even had the kick start you could swap the recoil for.

My dad has a 10hp chrysler racing go kart engine from years ago. He had made a three wheeler and put that engine on it with a torque converter clutch. The 3 wheeler is long gone now but I think he still has the engine. The carb feeds directly into the crankcase. I always thought of making a saw with it but didnt have the time. He even had the kick start you could swap the recoil for.

Tooold,

Sounds like your Dad like to go fast. That motor certainly did that.

If you can find one of the old Mongomery WARDS 820 chainsaw frames, your motor will bolt right to it. I just found a place on-line that sells a cyl/piston/rod kit that will increase the original 134cc motor up to a 150cc motor. Now that would be a saw! I still use my WARDS saw with a 30" bar for cutting big trees.

jerry-

And the old Hoffcos used them as well.

They were put on quite a few long gone brands.

............ I just found a place on-line that sells a cyl/piston/rod kit that will increase the original 134cc motor up to a 150cc motor. Now that would be a saw! I still use my WARDS saw with a 30" bar for cutting big trees.

jerry-

Hello Jerry,

Where did you find that kit? That is quite a increase.

Bill

Hello Jerry,

Where did you find that kit? That is quite a increase.

Bill

Bill,

Here is the place that I think had the parts. From what I read, one of the partners has passed away, so I don't know if they still are producing those parts. You might try contacting them to see if they still have the over-size piston/cylinder kits still available. It was a couple of years ago I saw the parts listed. Good luck.

jerry-

http://www.daves-custom-cycles.com/

Yeah, those guys are out of business since Speedy passed away. I bought parts from them years ago and even talked to Speedy on the phone but Dave has no interest in doing the kart stuff.

Back