cleaning solvents

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4:1 diluted Purple cleaner... "Castrol Super Clean is one brand. Wash with water. Even takes off pitch. Just don't let it dry on aluminium or mag.

For a "solvent" I like Coleman lantern fluid... Low odor, super wetting action, fast dry, filterable (for reuse). Very flamable though..

E-z Off

E-Z Off works good on pine pitch, or any burnish on the bar and chain.

Other fellow members may also say to throw it all in the dishwasher.:hmm3grin2orange:

Found out, by accident, that the new "degreasing" products, (similar to Fantastic, but new age), do a good job on pitch. Cleaned up a couple of table saw blades real well. Have no idea how they react with seals and the such.

The one I have currently is "Greased Lighting". Even took some creosote off of bricks.

Other fellow members may also say to throw it all in the dishwasher.:hmm3grin2orange:

Yes, you could say that. Just cleaned up a filthy 036 Pro last night. I didn't even bother to take compressed air to it first. Nothing beats it. On the other had, for those that don't have permission to use the dishwasher:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: there's always engine cleaner. It has a solvent base and does a good job.

You put the saw in whole?

Post a pic

Sure..............in about 1,000,000 pieces. Even the cases are split. Just make sure to get everything dried right away. That's not a problem since it's totally disassembled anyway. I'd be happy to post that pic again:rockn: OK, so I didn't put the carb in:cheers: BTW, I'm not the only one. Really, you guys should try it. It doesn't even make a mess of the washer.

This was a 440 and a 026.
117202442-L.jpg

I use mineral spirits in my parts washer, seems to work just fine and does'nt damage anything. Matt

Sure..............in about 1,000,000 pieces. Even the cases are split. Just make sure to get everything dried right away. That's not a problem since it's totally disassembled anyway. I'd be happy to post that pic again:rockn: OK, so I didn't put the carb in:cheers: BTW, I'm not the only one. Really, you guys should try it. It doesn't even make a mess of the washer.

117202442-L.jpg

Do you have a wife or SO in the house? Just curious.

Buy your own dishwasher for the garage - old ex-remodel washers are either free or almost so...

Find one that heats its own water, that way you can just run the garden hose it it for supply. The waste water... please be nice to the environment...

You can put the entire saw in, but block off the muffler with a rubber sheet between it and the cylinder, and the carb... then start it up as soon as you take it out. Just a mini-cuda...

117202442-L.jpg

Brad's dishwasher system really works. I bought his 026 pro a few weeks ago and I don't think they come any cleaner straight from the dealer's shelf.

BTW, after getting a chance to really look it over and run a few tanks thru it, I've got to say he really put's a lot of effort in his rebuilds. I really like that 026, so much so that it has replaced the 200t for a lightweight ground saw.

Which if the solvents mentioned (other than the dishwasher:hmm3grin2orange: )
Work well to get exhaust stain off a saw

Latest posts

Back