clear cut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KRIS23322

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone knows of good logging companies in the Hampton roads area I have a 3.5 acre lot that I would like cleared some is small thin stuff but most is nice hardwoods with trunks over 20 inches in diameter not sure of the age but I would say it has not been cleared in over 100 years if ever. What I would like to do is have it cleared they can sell the lumber and keep the money they make from that to cover the cost of the removal I am sure they would make a nice chunk of money. There is a home and garage on the property along with a septic system that would have to be avoided. But there is a long drive way clear of trees to allow equipment to be moved.

Not sure about any loggin' companies, but I'm sure firewood rats would love to clear that lot.

Most times tryin' to give wood to a tree guy is like giving ice to an eskimo. Just because there's wood on the property doesn't necessarily mean it's worth anything.

Gary

firewood

Well that's the last thing I want is some guy with a chainsaw thinking he knows what he is doing. So he can get firewood. I thinned out about 3/4 of a acre myself and ground the stumps down. This back section I think may be a little much for me to take on I thought about thinning it out but it’s a lot thicker and I don’t want to risk injury to myself or have trees hung up in other trees waiting to fall when a branch gives way.

what a homeowner that's playing it safe by hiring the pro's! pinch me I must have passed out from heat stroke... check the yellow papers under log brokers, logs, logging etc. or foresters, that should steer ya better then most of us could

Back