Cold weather chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NDtreehugger

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
We were in the high teens yesterday then flopped around in the 20s

and the 361 pulled through like a true champ.

Started better then when the weather was in the 80s, choke 1 pull pop pop pop if I could have gotten to the choke it would have kept running.

after it warmed up it took its normal 1 pull start, not into the winter bar oil yet but will try it next week on some old ash.......

Looking forward to the the sub zero days and frozen wood

:cheers:

Last edited:
yeah, ain't we lucky here in the Dakota's? :givebeer: This weekend I was pheasant hunting in a T-shirt, then on Sunday did a load of firewood in a sweatshirt, and it's supposed to snow tonight! Three weeks ago it was over 80.

I wish I would have gotten an earlier start on firewood, my parents heat their house with a fireplace, but my dad just bought an electric Dolmar chainsaw from me, that thing flat out EATS pallets! There's a pile of them in one of the big barns, so they'll be good. Next year, however, I'll be cutting as much as I can!

I grew up cutting firewood in the winter, clearing the snow from old downed trees, carrying the wood to the truck as dad bucked it, then splitting all the little stuff with an axe and carrying it into the house, one armload at a time! I dreaded it back then, but you know what? I almost miss it a little bit now! Stay warm, Justin

Love the winter,

I finished up putting a piston in the the old sled yesterday and cant wait for the deep snow,

I hunt firewood in the winter mostly for something to do and the kids hunt coyotes.

I've been and lived from coast to coast and border to border in America and North Dakota keeps me coming back, I think I may stay this time can't see any reason to go anywhere else, besides, I have yet to get my moose.

:givebeer:

Don't forget to change the flap by the carb over to winter....

Now mine is the Arctic version but I am assuming that the non-arctic version stihl has this flap..

attachment.php

Yup, they all have that shutter. I usually do all my cutting during the warm months (once the snow flies I want to be out riding my snowmobile, not cutting wood), but I have run my 021 during the winter once or twice to cut down pieces of wood that were too long to fit into the woodstove.

Latest posts

Back