Collect chainsaws? What brands?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Primarily Stihl, then Pioneer. Have a McCullough, Lombard, John Deere (Efco), Craftsman (70's) in the mix too, which came along as a package when I bought a Stihl or Pioneer from the seller lol...

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Great question. I collect primarily Homelite's, Poulan's, and McCulloch's. I too have several "other" brands that include Stihl, Craftsman, Echo, Dayton, Skil, Husqvarna, and more. I started out with my Father's 1960's era Homelite XL-12 blue and white chainsaw and specialized in Homelite's for a good while. Poulan's are my second largest specialization as I wanted to learn why they were/are so popular. I now know and have no regrets as I truly enjoy them. I like variants and seek out hard to find items like full wrap handles and chain brakes for my saws. I'm to the point now I like larger cc saws for their power, value, and their ease of repair. Smaller saws are nice, but larger saws work better for me due to the size of my hands, fingers, and eyesight. There it is, Max.

I’ve been collecting Shindaiwa equipment for years. Got around 50 runners at the present time. I’ve got a few other saws but I’ve never had a Stihl or Husqvarna.
f0e248fe8da946fd0a51b66c0eef67cd.jpg

9674389f1889235aa2278a4db91dffa9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been collecting Shindaiwa equipment for years. Got around 50 runners at the present time. I’ve got a few other saws but I’ve never had a Stihl or Husqvarna.
f0e248fe8da946fd0a51b66c0eef67cd.jpg

9674389f1889235aa2278a4db91dffa9.jpg

nice collection!.Is that an rc 45 in the background?
I have one,45ccs and it is a monster!

nice collection!.Is that an rc 45 in the background?
I have one,45ccs and it is a monster!

B-45. It was amazing when I first started collecting Shindaiwa the used saws and brush cutters could be had for around $100 - $150. The 757 is the biggest saw I have. I’ve run it with a 36” bar before but it does great with a 24”.
e71a70055d60c1db0e8e9704641dbde6.jpg

My uncle Godbless his heart on trips to the dump he came home with more stuff than he took there. I remember that old flat side Mac.

I don't collect saws and I never will. Too expensive and I only like users. However several saws have forced their way into my garage and hidden under all the other refugee junk that finds its way there. So now I have Homelites (1050S, XL925, 1130G), a McC (PM850). Stihl (075, 076S, 084, 090, (and a 090G that is trying to find its way in)).
So if any of you think I should own more old saws...go pound sand. I'm not a collector!

I don't collect saws and I never will. Too expensive and I only like users. However several saws have forced their way into my garage and hidden under all the other refugee junk that finds its way there. So now I have Homelites (1050S, XL925, 1130G), a McC (PM850). Stihl (075, 076S, 084, 090, (and a 090G that is trying to find its way in)).
So if any of you think I should own more old saws...go pound sand. I'm not a collector!
Hoarder :lol:

Back