Craftsman 3.3 information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this thread and remembered I have a similar unit . It runs good but the a/v mounts are broken . At the time when I got it running I couldn't find the mounts anywhere . Any idea if there are substitute mounts ?

Attachments

• IMG_20220129_103912170.jpg
    IMG_20220129_103912170.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
Saw this thread and remembered I have a similar unit . It runs good but the a/v mounts are broken . At the time when I got it running I couldn't find the mounts anywhere . Any idea if there are substitute mounts ?
search up poulan 3300 isolator mounts on ebay. I've found plenty of new ones before.

Most of those I seen have been bare bore like 3300. But have seen some with chrome bore too. So I just say 50/50 chance, you need to check.
The last one I done came to me as bare bore but left a chrome bore.

No subs on av lower right I know of. But always wondered if some stihl ones might work. Never had to try that yet. Still using used and NOS I have.

c33g.jpgc33ggg.jpg

Well I got this thing. I squirted some mix down the carb and she fired. It's really dirty. I took the top cover, clutch cover and recoil off and saw the impulse line is broken off. The bar and spur sprocket are pretty worn. I ordered the echo lines and a carb kit. Maybe I can get it cleaned up before they get here.

Attachments

• IMG_20220131_153549079.jpg
    IMG_20220131_153549079.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20220131_153534561.jpg
    IMG_20220131_153534561.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 16
Are you talking the saw model number or the IPL numbers or both?
The prefix of the saw. Poulan made start with 358 most times.

Info I have saved over the years posted by folks and some researching. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum....tsman-prefix-number-brands/msg76814/#msg76814

Pioneer-190
Poulan-234, 358
Disston-240
Echo/Kiortz-271
Roper-278, 355, 647, 835, 911, 917
Foley Belsaw-306
Montgomery Ward-484
Homelite/Jacobsen-517
Clinton-582
Echo/Shindawa-636
O&R Engines-745
McCollugh-989
Husqvarna-944

129 Mono

143 Tecumseh

234 Poulan

271 Kioritz (Echo)

283 Thomas Industries

316 MTD Note—Also see Misc Info.

358 Poulan Note—Also see Misc Info.

360 Solo Note: This was possibly a one chainsaw model only deal. Craftsman model 360-352010 = Solo 651SP. It was possibly only offered for a short time. There might have been other Solo products sold under the Craftsman name.

517 Homelite

636 Echo

733 Fairbanks Morse

917 Roper Note—Sears also used this prefix on chain saws labeled Sears and/or David Bradley.

944 Husqvarna Note—Also see Misc Info.

Misc Info:

316 MTD Note—Craftsman offers a chainsaw, using model # 41AY429S799, which traces back to MTD.

358 & 944 Note--Craftsman has confused matters by offering a Craftsman Pro Series line which they list & label as being made by Husqvarna (with higher prices) using the 358 model prefix which usually indicates Poulan. Husqvarna owns Poulan. I haven’t yet been able to determine if the Craftsman Pro Series are Husqvarna, Poulan, or perhaps a hybrid. I’ve seen photos of one ID plate that shows Husqvarna Sweden.

358 Poulan Note--Craftsman incorrectly used the Poulan 358 prefix on a Redmax chainsaw. Model 358.362180 is Redmax, possibly the GZ4000.

The prefix of the saw. Poulan made start with 358 most times.

Info I have saved over the years posted by folks and some researching. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum....tsman-prefix-number-brands/msg76814/#msg76814

Pioneer-190
Poulan-234, 358
Disston-240
Echo/Kiortz-271
Roper-278, 355, 647, 835, 911, 917
Foley Belsaw-306
Montgomery Ward-484
Homelite/Jacobsen-517
Clinton-582
Echo/Shindawa-636
O&R Engines-745
McCollugh-989
Husqvarna-944

129 Mono

143 Tecumseh

234 Poulan

271 Kioritz (Echo)

283 Thomas Industries

316 MTD Note—Also see Misc Info.

358 Poulan Note—Also see Misc Info.

360 Solo Note: This was possibly a one chainsaw model only deal. Craftsman model 360-352010 = Solo 651SP. It was possibly only offered for a short time. There might have been other Solo products sold under the Craftsman name.

517 Homelite

636 Echo

733 Fairbanks Morse

917 Roper Note—Sears also used this prefix on chain saws labeled Sears and/or David Bradley.

944 Husqvarna Note—Also see Misc Info.

Misc Info:

316 MTD Note—Craftsman offers a chainsaw, using model # 41AY429S799, which traces back to MTD.

358 & 944 Note--Craftsman has confused matters by offering a Craftsman Pro Series line which they list & label as being made by Husqvarna (with higher prices) using the 358 model prefix which usually indicates Poulan. Husqvarna owns Poulan. I haven’t yet been able to determine if the Craftsman Pro Series are Husqvarna, Poulan, or perhaps a hybrid. I’ve seen photos of one ID plate that shows Husqvarna Sweden.

358 Poulan Note--Craftsman incorrectly used the Poulan 358 prefix on a Redmax chainsaw. Model 358.362180 is Redmax, possibly the GZ4000.
Thanks, good info.
Mine has a champion CJ4 plug. Is that what you use?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

These I like over a 026 260 any day. The poulan is better built, better design, carb, choke, filter set ups too.
Build seems real close to 034.

Use echo black line 3x6 for impulse and 3x5 for tank vent if at top of tank and fuel line. Came with 2 different tanks.

View attachment 960390
View attachment 960391View attachment 960396
I had a couple minutes after work today so I took the carb off this this thing. The impulse line looked to be tygon and was pretty much disenagrated. The fuel line is black rubber and still flexible.
I do not see a tank vent anywhere. Mine only has a fuel line where yours shows two lines. There is no hole beside it for a vent. Where could it be? Thanks for your help.

I just have another black Craftsman show up here along with 4 other makes. might just look this saw over instead of tossing it in the bin. The other 4 will likely not be saved, Homelite Super II , grey sided Craftsman with red stripe, 950 Olympic and a Orange plastic Homelite with a yellow recoil handle.

I had a couple minutes after work today so I took the carb off this this thing. The impulse line looked to be tygon and was pretty much disenagrated. The fuel line is black rubber and still flexible.
I do not see a tank vent anywhere. Mine only has a fuel line where yours shows two lines. There is no hole beside it for a vent. Where could it be? Thanks for your help.

It sounds like yours may have the vent like the Poulan 3450 has. It is a duckbill behind a round breathable stone. It will be in the side of the tank near the top behind the recoil. You can’t access it without dismantling the tank from the saw. If it doesn’t leak leave it alone. If it leaks you can either fix it or plug it off and drill a second hole near your fuel line and install a vent like some echos use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yours must have later tank. Be on left side of tank hidden behind crankcase.

Can be a good and bad thing. When the brass deal falls out then duckbill too. Least you know where to look when you have mix leaking now.

I'll post the earlier style too before I ran it to top of tank.

ptankvent.jpg
ptankventx.jpg

Yours must have later tank. Be on left side of tank hidden behind crankcase.

Can be a good and bad thing. When the brass deal falls out then duckbill too. Least you know where to look when you have mix leaking now.

I'll post the earlier style too before I ran it to top of tank.

View attachment 964481
View attachment 964482
Thanks for the help. I looked everywhere for an extra line coming out of the tank I was hoping to get this thing running with just lines and carb kit. I hope the vent works. I might pressure/vac test the tank through the fuel line to see if it holds pressure. I really didn't want to tear this saw down that far as I really don't have much spare time right now. If the vent is bad and I do have to tear it down, would it be better to replace it or plug it and drill a hole beside the fuel line and put one of the echo style vents in it?

It sounds like yours may have the vent like the Poulan 3450 has. It is a duckbill behind a round breathable stone. It will be in the side of the tank near the top behind the recoil. You can’t access it without dismantling the tank from the saw. If it doesn’t leak leave it alone. If it leaks you can either fix it or plug it off and drill a second hole near your fuel line and install a vent like some echos use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks, it has a little circle beside the fuel line, like where the hole should be if they had drilled it out. I have read several times where guys drilled holes and used echo vents in the little poulans that had Leaking duckbills in the fuel cap, I didn't know if they would be best for this application or not.

Latest posts

Back