Craftsman 3.3 information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would go that route without doubt, it has worked on others saws well for me. First used one on an 025 about 5 years ago, used many since as old duckbills are getting harder to find.

I would go that route without doubt, it has worked on others saws well for me. First used one on an 025 about 5 years ago, used many since as old duckbills are getting harder to find.
Thanks, if I have to replace it, how long should the line be from the tank to the vent and should the tank end of the line have some sort of nipple to keep it from pulling out of the tank? Or just some sealant around the line?

Thanks, if I have to replace it, how long should the line be from the tank to the vent and should the tank end of the line have some sort of nipple to keep it from pulling out of the tank? Or just some sealant around the line?
For the ones I have done I drilled the hole with a step drill making the hole smaller diameter than the black fuel line, then force the line into the hole , fit is very tight and no leaks to date, you can use as short of piece of line it takes to get the vent mounted out of the way of carb linkages or other obstructions, short or long the vent will still work. I have not needed sealant around where the line comes out of the tank. If you had a Stihl 025 fuel line you were not using they have a nice grommet molded in the line that would fit dandy in a correct sized hole in the tank, I have a couple for my next foray into tank vent replacement.

For the ones I have done I drilled the hole with a step drill making the hole smaller diameter than the black fuel line, then force the line into the hole , fit is very tight and no leaks to date, you can use as short of piece of line it takes to get the vent mounted out of the way of carb linkages or other obstructions, short or long the vent will still work. I have not needed sealant around where the line comes out of the tank. If you had a Stihl 025 fuel line you were not using they have a nice grommet molded in the line that would fit dandy in a correct sized hole in the tank, I have a couple for my next foray into tank vent replacement.
Thanks, if the old one leaks, I will order some of the echo style vents from ebay. I'm assuming the aftermarket Chinese ones will work ok?

Thanks, if the old one leaks, I will order some of the echo style vents from ebay. I'm assuming the aftermarket Chinese ones will work ok?
They have on a few I have used, a friend dropped off a saw with a six pack of AM vents, I put one in his saw and he gave me the rest that I have used 3 of them on others saws. Before that I had used OEM Echo vents they worked fine. I figure the AM ones are easy enough to change out if a problem did occur with one but so far the AM ones have worked as intended.If the saw was used for professional work then I would only use OEM parts but most of the saw I work on these days are more of the homeowner grade stuff used more for bucking up wood/tree stems that have been dropped off in their yard.

They have on a few I have used, a friend dropped off a saw with a six pack of AM vents, I put one in his saw and he gave me the rest that I have used 3 of them on others saws. Before that I had used OEM Echo vents they worked fine. I figure the AM ones are easy enough to change out if a problem did occur with one but so far the AM ones have worked as intended.If the saw was used for professional work then I would only use OEM parts but most of the saw I work on these days are more of the homeowner grade stuff used more for bucking up wood/tree stems that have been dropped off in their yard.
Thanks, I will go ahead and order some. I think I remember seeing some for like $10 for for 8 or 10 of them. This saw will see limited use. I only have a few acres of land and I don't burn wood and have several other saws. I just like messing with saws for some reason. I may even sell it, but if I like it once it's running, I'll probably just let it hang out with the others and fire it up every month or so.

K041 and snap it up now.

Pulley in it worth that alone.

I got this saw in January and just got time to work on it last week because of some major medical setbacks with the wife and I.
Anyway I had every intention of fixing it and selling it but since I got it cleaned up and running, I like it a lot. It starts good, runs good and oils like no saw I've ever seen. I haven't put it in wood yet but I'm going to keep it. The spur drum is worn pretty bad. Is this the correct rim drive drum for it?
Screenshot_20220928-175743.png
Also it has a 20" .325 bar. The gauge and DL is not stamped in the bar. I'm assuming it's .050 gauge but do you know what the driver count is?
Thanks for your help.

Anything you want to know. ;)

Think I had 8-10 of them at one time.

Some classroom stuff I did for K age kids with my user.

54cc chrome bore just like a red predator 335. Recoil flywheel and pulley used on preds different as they were like the 330 etc.

View attachment 960326View attachment 960330View attachment 960331View attachment 960332View attachment 960334

would you happen to have an extra clutch or at least one shoe for this saw? I finally got to try it out today and it was cutting great. I really like this saw, but then the chain wouldn't stop turning and I saw one of the shoes is broken. Pretty bummed about it because I cant find one online. Is their another part number clutch that will fit? Thanks

would you happen to have an extra clutch or at least one shoe for this saw? I finally got to try it out today and it was cutting great. I really like this saw, but then the chain wouldn't stop turning and I saw one of the shoes is broken. Pretty bummed about it because I cant find one online. Is their another part number clutch that will fit? Thanks
Could you get a picture of the clutch and maybe some measurements ? Not saying I have what you need, but I know where a PP 295 is that might have what you need.

It looks like the rim drive you bought fits a Poulan 2800 ,which makes me think a 295 PP would be the same. Some of these guys on here have forgotten more than I will ever know, and hopefully chime in. But if the 295 clutch works, they are on the bay for like $12 new.

It looks like the rim drive you bought fits a Poulan 2800 ,which makes me think a 295 PP would be the same. Some of these guys on here have forgotten more than I will ever know, and hopefully chime in. But if the 295 clutch works, they are on the bay for like $12 new.

I looked up the ipl for the 295 clutch and it shows a different part number than my saw. Hopefully someone knows if it will fit. Thanks for your help.

I looked up the part number for the 2800 and it is the same number as my saw so I'm thinking the 295 might be different.

How many whole clutches you want?

295 different.

You running 2 shoe?

pclutchhdstd.jpg

Yes mine is

Yes mine is 2 shoe. One is all I need.

One pulled and sent pics. Packed and will update with tracking later today.

Easier to just send me PM's to get hold of me, as I only check on the old forums from time to time. Have tons of parts for this series still.

p33clu.jpg

Back