Craigslist score !!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuickDraw

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey there everyone ! I hope ya'll have enjoyed this holiday weekend as much as I have. The weather here in Southern Indiana, has just been perfect the last few days with lows in the 50's. I took advantage of the cooler weather to head out back in the woods to buck up some trees that had been down since hurricane Ike came through here almost two years ago. I cut up a red maple, and a sugar maple then split it, and temporiarly stacked it before it goes to my new wood racks I have built. Best part about this weekend was the score I made on good ol Craigslist ! Found an ad for a fresh cut oak tree, and was first to the punch. Best of all was the Gentleman was so pleased with me being prompt, and cleaning everything up he promised to call me before posting another ad when the other four oaks are taken down ! Here is a few pictures for viewing pleasure :) Take care guys !!

Maple.jpg

Oak.jpg

That is nice. Nothing like free heat, and oak to boot.:cheers:

Nice score. Love that oak nice cutting and splitting wood. Was a little cooler here too only in the 80s. So we went to the timber and cut a couple cords of hedge. I sure hope it is a long cool dry fall for cutting wood.

Nice looking wood. Good to hear you've got the inside track on some down the road also. Win-win for both parties.:bowdown:

nice, i have been striking out lately. several times now i have been "one guy behind" and came back later to find it gone:cry:

Any hand splittin tips out there ? The Fiskars super splitter doesn't seem to do much lol. I do have a 8# maul that I have not tried yet.

Wait until it gets cold to split with a maul. Below freezing and they just POP!

Good advice...... I was planning on just biteing the bullet, and renting a splitter for a day, since I also have some concrete wood (elm) that needs split as well. I am thinking about buying me a splitter come tax season, but have not yet made up my mind.

A good steel wedge and a sledge hammer should do the trick. You may want to get that splitter a little earlier if you got 4 more trees to do, lol.
I split 26 overfilled truckloads of free hardwood this year, I think I bought the splitter around load 10, and still can't keep up lol!

Latest posts

Back